Coordinate the budgeting and accounting functions for assigned funds assuring that all funds are utilized effectively and in a timely manner to ensure compliance will all state, federal and local guidelines. Assist with general ledger accounting processes and provide accounting assistance to staff members. Prepares monthly bank statement reconciliations and insurance reconciliations.
This position will assist with: the preparation and monitoring information necessary to complete and implement all budgets for original submission, revisions, final expenditure submission, and audits; assist with analysis of expenditures and revenues associated with designated programs; assist with general ledger maintenance and including monthly closing procedure to ensure accuracy of general ledger account activity on a regular basis; assist with gathering data and documentation for local, state, and federal audit activities and the AFR; prepare month-end and assist in year-end closing activities, including but not limited to, preparing necessary journal entries, analyzing accounts, posting cash receipts/revenue to proper accounts, etc.; monthly bank reconciliations, including but not limited to, calculating the outstanding payroll and accounts payable checks and validating wire transactions.
• 2 - 5 years of experience in school and/or public accounting required
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
• Knowledge of governmental accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Submission of pre-employment medical examination (Section 148 of the
Pennsylvania School Code)
• Submission of a report of criminal history record from the Pennsylvania State Police (Section 111 of the Pennsylvania School Code)
• Submission of a clearance report from the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare in accordance with Act 151 of 1994