Position Information Message
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record all revenue items and wire payments for the district.
- Prepare various monthly journal entries and financial accounting system processes to complete monthly closing, including bank reconciliations for all district accounts.
- Assist with and/or prepare the following reports:
- Prepare annual Athletic Disclosure Report.
- Prepare annual Public Utility Report.
- Prepare sales tax returns.
- Prepare quarterly board reports for Student Activity & Trust accounts.
- Assist with School-Based ACCESS Program quarterly and annual reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.
- Assist with local and state audits.
Coordinate transmission of all real estate tax information to third party tax collector.
- Assist taxpayers, mortgage companies and other agencies with real estate tax information when necessary.
- Prepare Homestead/Farmstead reduction calculation.
- Track assessment changes
- Prepare monthly reports for the Board detailing assessment changes.
- Compile/Review tax lien file for Chester County Tax Claim office.
- Act as back-up for payroll processing.
- Provides back-up support to other staff in case of absence or work overload.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Business Services.
||Kennett Consolidated School District
||Kennett Square, PA
||Negotiable upon experience. Minimum Starting Salary $50,000
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related business area or Associate’s Degree and 4 years related experience in governmental finance and/or accounting.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and good organizational skills.
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Services
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Process transactions and maintain records for all District revenue and provide accounting support to the Business Office and to all other Departments of the School District as needed.
||This listing expires on: 6/17/2023