Position Information Message
A vacancy exists for a Receptionist/Greeter
for the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit in the Office of Facilities & Operations! The Receptionist/Greeter greets visitorts and directs them to the appropriate office/personnel; receives telephone calls and directs them to the appropriate personnel.
- Position holder must have friendly and helpful personality and project welcoming attitude to project visitors.
- Serve as a receptionist and greet all persons entering the 2 West Lafayette Street facility.
- Notify appropriate personnel when people arrive for appointments/meetings.
- Direct visitors to appropriate meeting rooms.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls and route call to appropriate person. Monitor main voicemail to ensure callers requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with security personnel, maintain a pleasant, safe and orderly atmosphere in the lobby area. Ensure that sufficient number of brochures, handouts, etc. are available in reception area.
- Maintain an up-to-date listing of telephone extension numbers.
- Accept mail, sign for packages and then advise Support Services Facilitator and/or Warehouse Facilitator that mail and/or packages have arrived.
- Notify Facilities Technician of emergency situations. Contact ambulance, police and/or fire departments as necessary.
- Respond to requests for general information such as a list of IU Board members, a list of Superintendents.
- Assist Support Services staff with bulk mailings, collating, envelope stuffing, as time permits.
- Project a positive image of the IU and its programs and services.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff members and help them with tasks when deadlines require.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director/Assistant Director of Facilities and Operations.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located at 2 W. Lafayette St. Norristown, PA 19401.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day (8:00 AM-4:00 PM), 12 months (260-262 days/year)
(schedule may be adjusted on occasion due to evening events)
$33,503/year - $39,415/year
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 1096).
Please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
||$33,503/year - $39,415/year
|Posting Start Date:
- No post-secondary degree required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Professional approach to their work that includes very strong customer service skills.
- Experience providing a high level of customer service
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to use technology to gain information and communicate with others
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
||This listing expires on: 7/18/2023