Custodian (Second Shift)
TO APPLY, please click on the following link:https://www.applitrack.com/dasd/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmin=true&AppliTrackJobId=4806
Position: Full-time Custodian (Job ID 4806)
Location: Multiple Positions Available
Pay Rate: $17.50 per hour (may vary based on experience)
Schedule: 40 hours per week, year-round. Second shift hours. Approximately 3pm - 11:30pm (hours may slightly vary based on school placement)
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Effective Date: ASAP
Job Summary: To perform custodial work required for the routine cleaning and upkeep of buildings, grounds and assigned equipment. Please review the attached Job Description for more details on this specific opportunity.
Custodian (Second Shift)
||Downingtown Area School District
|Posting Start Date:
||Qualifications: To successfully perform this position, a person must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The qualification requirements listed below represent minimum levels of educational achievement, training, skills and/or ability necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to properly use all types of commercial vacuum cleaners, stripping and buffing machines, lawn mowers, snow plows, and any special tool or piece of equipment assigned for the performance of duties.
- Ability to use hand tools (e.g., hammer, shovel, screwdriver) and power tools (e.g., radial saw, reciprocating saw, drill, pneumatic hammer).
- Sufficient mathematic skills, site and dexterity to properly use and dilute cleaning chemicals and floor finishes.
- Knowledgeable of safety regulations, proper methods for using and storing cleaning chemical and floor finishes and
procedures for working in areas with asbestos containing materials.
- Ability to operate equipment (e.g., tractor, lift, auto-scrubber).
- Ability to exert up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, lift and/or exert up to 50 lbs. of force frequently, lift and/or exert up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to perform tasks at different height levels and in hard to reach places (e.g., ladders, scaffolding, crawl spaces, attics).
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, students, parents, and the public in a professional manner.
- Must have and maintain a valid state vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record.
- Must successfully complete and maintain compliance with all federal and state background and criminal record check requirements
- Visit our FAQ section for more information about required clearances; click here.
- Candidate must adhere to all local, state, federal, and school code requirements for employment
Duties & Responsibilities: (Abbreviated - Please review the attached job descriptions for more details on this specific opportunity)
- Performs general cleaning tasks and provides customer service in regards to school operations.
- Performs limited maintenance tasks, including minor carpentry, plumbing, electrical, ventilating repairs, minor equipment maintenance, climbing ladders, and painting.
- Performs grounds maintenance, including mowing, trash pickup, sweeping, trimming, raking, watering, snow removal, and salting (de-icing).
- Uses proper safety procedures and complies with all safety regulations, especially relating to use of cleaning chemicals, hazardous work conditions and weather conditions. (Some duties may require protective clothing and equipment.)
- Completes building tasks under the direction of the head custodian and/or principal to accommodate school functions and events, including event set-up and logistics for building activities and facilities use.
||This listing expires on: 6/18/2023