A vacancy exists for a Benefits & Wellness Coordinator to work at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit! The Benefits & Wellness Coordinator oversees the administration of the fringe benefits and wellness programs, including assisting staff through life events, processing necessary vendor payments & reporting requirements, and maintaining attendance records.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located at 2 W. Lafayette St. Norristown, PA 19401.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day, 12 months (260-262 days/year)
$58,919/year - $69,317year
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, a regional educational service agency, provides dynamic, visionary leadership and effective, efficient services for constituent school districts, schools and students.
Why Should You Apply?
- Oversee multiple benefits programs to include: health, prescription, dental, Section 125 plan, group life, optional life, short and long-term disability, workers compensation, Flexible Spending Account, and an employee assistance program for employees, retirees, and COBRA participants.
- Oversee the day to day benefits administration including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FMLA, Disability, COBRA, FSA, HIPAA compliance, and Workers Compensation.
- Ensure payments for all benefits programs to include health, prescription, dental, Section 125 plan, group life, optional life, short and long-term disability, workers compensation, Flexible Spending Account and an employee assistance program; reviewed and paid in a timely manner; and that any issues/concerns are resolved and/or communicated to the Director of Human Resources
- Oversee wellness programming and initiatives, including coordination of IU Staff Wellness committee. Initiate and support wellness campaigns to encourage positive lifestyle for staff in regard to physical and mental health.
- Liaison with healthcare vendors regarding clarification and/or necessary updates to program Summary Plan Documents, plan booklets, web site description and other important communication materials, and that any issues/concerns are resolved and/or communicated to the Director of Human Resources.
- Administer the attendance leave banks, including the annual leave allocations for current employees and the calculation of the number of leave days left for when employees begin employment, take or return from leaves and who terminates end of employment with the IU. Liaison with payroll as appropriate when updates impact employee compensation, and distributes to appropriate staff in Human Resources
- Manage the roster of Substitute teachers, teacher assistants, nurses, and other temporary support, including assisting in the new hire process, tracking the response rate of substitutes, record the response of each substitute who does not accept an assignment when offered to ensure verification of refusal to work is available for unemployment claims, and receiving periodic feedback on the performance of substitute staff.
- Maintain accurate records and supply information for employee and employer fringe benefits and other payroll deductions: health and dental insurance; state, local and federal taxes; life insurance; income protection; tax sheltered annuities; dues; bonds; travel reimbursement and other miscellaneous deductions.
- Handle new hire & annual enrollment process for Medical, Prescription and Dental programs. Also, serve as liaison for outside vendors for Flex & Dependent Care Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability, and other voluntary insurance coverage.
- Set-up and maintain payroll and benefit accrual account records and balances for fiscal year, and reconcile general ledger balances specifically related to fringe benefit cash receipts and disbursements.
- Manage and monitor leaves of absence for the MCIU's employees to include eligibility, notification, and record keeping; ensure compliance with FMLA legislation and benefit eligibility.
- Prepare reports as needed for benefit programs to assist with cost projections and/or prepare accurate potential local, state and federal reporting requirements.
- Recommend procedures to Director of HR to ensure compliance with attendance policies and to reduce inappropriate absenteeism.
- Project a positive image of the IU and its programs and services.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff members and help them with tasks when deadlines require.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources and the Assistant Director of Human Resources.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance coverage.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Participation in PSERS (Public School Employees’ Retirement System).
- Paid time off benefits.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 992).
Please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit #23
||$58,919/year - $69,317/year
|Posting Start Date:
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in appropriate field (BS degree requirement may be waived with significant experience in specialized area of position)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in appropriate field, leadership experience strongly preferred
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Responsibility for budget of programs or initiatives
- Interfaces frequently with Customers and Stakeholders
- Very Specialized skills in area of concentration proven by work experience, certificates, etc.
- Autonomous nature of work performed
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to operate office equipment and use computer technology efficiently; ability to use calculator, computer, and other business machines
- Must be a proficient typist, know how to format business correspondence/reports, and must appropriately handle confidential information
- Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions and exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
||This listing expires on: 2/13/2023