Duties include but are not limited to:
- Process all Bi-Weekly Payroll
- Gather all required payroll data, including timesheets, W-2 forms, benefits information, direct deposit forms and tax filing documents. Regularly update this data, track down any missing timesheets in a timely manner and resolve any issues with timesheets and other payroll data.
- Processes all Salaried Authorizations including pro-rating salary and service based on hire/movement date.
- Completes data entry for new employee setups and maintains employee records.
- Processes terminations, resignations and retirements in conjunction with District and PSERS requirements.
- Calculates Balance of Contract payments, final payouts and final deductions for terminated employees.
- Maintains Contracted Salary Tables.
- Update and maintain Tax tables.
- Maintains and updates Deduction, Attendance, Pay Code and Job Class Tables.
- Creates Pay Calendars, by group, for Employee Handbook and distribution to secretaries and staff.
- Responsible for administration of payroll deductions.
- Coordinates with Benefits Specialist to calculate benefit deduction changes, additions or deletions.
- Facilitates and sets procedures and time lines for district staff regarding proper data submissions.
- Prepare and calculate garnishments, levies and child support deductions as needed.
- Maintains leave by employee including sick leave, personal leave, vacation, etc.
- Processes additional payrolls as needed for adjustments and retro-active pay.
- Maintains payroll files with personal, withholding and benefit information for confidentiality and safekeeping.
- Perform fiscal year end attendance record updates
- Assist Payroll Clerk and perform all duties associated with that job, as necessary.
- Coordinates employee leave with secretaries.
- Adjusts salaries as necessary for paid and unpaid leave.
- Communicates salary adjustments to employees.
- Complete payroll sections of disability forms.
- Performs all administrative functions for PSERS, including VOYA.
- Creates and maintains Demographic Information monthly or as needed for all district employees.
- Creates and updates Contract Record Information monthly or as needed based on contract type, job descriptions and job responsibilities.
- Updates Contract Records for uncredited leaves and returns to service.
- Processes Termination Contract records.
- Reviews monthly Work Reports for earnings, contributions and service and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Reviews individual PSERS accounts, as requested by PSERS representatives, for accuracy of past reporting.
- Researches uncredited service time and earnings, as requested by PSERS representatives, for members requesting to purchase service.
- Reviews, adjusts and finalizes Annual Summary Report for Employee Statements of Account.
||Upper Darby School District
||Drexel Hill, PA
||Based upon Experience
|Posting Start Date:
QUALIFICATIONS include but are not limited to:
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent of 5+ years of school payroll experience and knowledge of PA school law.
- BA or BS preferred.
- Accurately process and maintain all payroll related functions including, but not limited to, bi-weekly payroll processing for approximately 1700+ employees, monthly state retirement processing, quarterly and annual tax return/report processing, and time clock management.
- Experience on a Computer required; highly proficient in the components of Microsoft Office Professional including Word and Excel and eFinance accounting systems (preferred).
- Experience with all aspects of the Public School Employees Retirement System (PSERS)
- Possess a strong technology aptitude, excellent communication skills, customer service skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to file, keep and retrieve records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, responds well to directions, read/write effectively, maintains confidential information, and works successfully in a team setting.
||This listing expires on: 2/3/2023