Title: Staff Accountant
Who we are:
Reach Cyber Charter School is a tuition-free online public K–12 school in Pennsylvania, connecting students with certified teachers and a high-quality curriculum. Authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education in 2016, Reach Cyber Charter School is state certified and open to students throughout Pennsylvania with a vision to inspire and nurture future success for all students. Our Reach family promotes a vision that provides a collaborative team environment and allows you to utilize various resources to inspire and nurture future success for all students in Pennsylvania.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Accounting Specialist and other Finance Department staff with preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and other analysis for specified accounts as needed. This position interacts on a regular basis with departmental staff throughout the company. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Possess a basic understanding of accounting policies, processes and control procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and standards issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
- Assist Accounting Specialist with preparation of annual PDE-2028 (General Fund Budget) in accordance with and subsequent to Board approval of the annual school budget prepared by Director of Finance
- Review general ledger transactions for appropriate coding and budgetary category in accordance with Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) Chart of Accounts.
- Assist AP/Payroll Specialist with duties related to accounts payable and payroll processing
- Assist Director of Finance and Finance Department staff as needed with other assigned duties and special projects
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Working knowledge of accounting theory and practices
- Proficiency utilizing accounting software such as Sage Intact
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word
Essential Functions / Duties / Responsibilities:
- Must reside in the state of Pennsylvania
- Must pass background checks required for all school employees in Pennsylvania
- May include limited travel outside of normal commute and/or could include limited overnight travel
What we offer you for all your hard work
Reach Cyber Charter School is dedicated to providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits package offering flexibility to customize benefits to meet your needs by offering major medical, dental, and vision; HSA and FSA; company paid Basic Life/AD&D, STD, LTD and EAP; a retirement plan; voluntary Life/AD&D; as well as perks and discount programs.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Statement of Principle
REACH's Mission is to help each student maximize their potential through an individualized learning program. We strive to model our mission by empowering Staff to authentically show up with their skills, knowledge, competencies, strengths, curiosity, and unique lived experiences. REACH is committed to having inclusive policies and practices to establish a workplace of inclusion which continues to foster a belonging culture for staff, students, and families.