Position Information Message
A vacancy currently exists for a Business Administrator at Pottsgrove School District. This position oversees all of the business operations of the District as well as Facilities and Transportation.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Board Relations
2. Budget and Finance
- Attend all regular monthly School Board Meetings, participate in relevant Board committees, and prepare such reports for the Board as the Superintendent may require.
- Translate the District's needs as approved by the Superintendent into a composite financial plan.
- Establish a system for budget execution and supervise all financial accounting in the School District.
- Assist and cooperate with outside auditing agencies in the conduct of approved audits or reviews of the District's records.
- Organize and compile the proposed annual budget and assist the Superintendent in appraising its validity.
- Direct and supervise all financial accounting and cost analyses for the District.
- Review the effect of the educational program on the financial structure of the community and advise the Superintendent in maintaining a proper balance between the two.
- Directly supervise payroll, accounts payable, bonding, investing of funds, the administration of School Board insurance programs and other financial operations of the District.
- Be familiar with all sources of revenues for school purposes, explore possibilities of new sources and be responsible for receiving all monies to which the Board of School Directors is entitled.
- Ensure that all levied taxes are collected or properly accounted for and reported.
- Prepare financial surveys as requested by governmental and other outside agencies.
4. Auxiliary Services
- Be responsible for the timely execution of District purchases.
- Supervise the preparation of supply lists, specifications for bidding, placing of advertisements, and tabulation of bids in accordance with established purchasing policy and state/federal laws.
5. Personnel Management
- Supervise the Director of Facilities and Physical Plant and assist with the planning and operation of the custodial and maintenance programs.
- Supervise child accounting activities.
- Supervise the District's Transportation Department.
- Supervise the District's Food Service Program.
- Make available financial information for District negotiations and serve on District Negotiating teams when required or requested.
- Maintain adequate records for all School District employees regarding salary, retirement, social security, withholding taxes, wage taxes, and insurance.
||Pottsgrove School District
||COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in business or related degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience as a school business official is highly preferred.
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 12-month position.
LOCATION: Pottsgrove District Office
Must have current Act 34, 151 & 114 Clearances
||This listing expires on: 2/4/2023