* Responsible for main food preparation of all hot and cold food.
* Cleans utensils, equipment, storage and food preparation serving areas.
* Estimates food preparation amounts and adjusts recipes to minimize waste.
* Evaluates prepared food for flavor, appearance and temperature.
* Inspects food and/or supply deliveries; inventories food, condiments, supplies and equipment at specified intervals.
* Maintains equipment, storage, food preparation and serving areas in a sanitary condition.
* Directs assigned personnel, monitors kitchen and cafeteria areas to ensure safe and sanitary working environment.
* Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc.
* Prepares a wide variety of documentation (invoices, catering schedules, catering menus, vehicle mileage, equipment logs, etc.).
* Prepares food and beverage items for meeting project event meal requirements.
* Stock food, condiments and supplies.
* Collects payment for food items from students and staff.
* Oversees the preparation and transportation of food and beverage items to locations.
* Reconciles transactions (meal counts, monies collected, etc.).
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Previous food service experience preferred.
* Ability and personality to be able to deal with students, teachers other support personnel and the public.
* Physical capacity to perform all assigned duties (ability to lift approximately 30 lbs.).
* 10 months, 4.5 hours per day (hours to be determined)
* $15.48 per hour
Please visit the School District of Haverford Township website at www.haverford.k12.pa.us and link to Employment Opportunities to apply.