Secretary, Student Services
A vacancy exists for a Secretary
position to work within the Office of Student Services - School Age at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit! The Secretary, Office of Student Services – School Age provides a high-level of customer service and support to School Age Vision and Hearing programs while also supporting the program administrator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedule appointments, interviews, and meetings as appropriate
- Types and prepares reports, letters, memoranda, notes, charts, agendas, presentations, and forms using applicable word processing/data base/spreadsheet and file server software systems
- Screens and monitors telephone calls ensuring that messages are forwarded in a timely fashion
- Prepare and process purchase orders and requisitions, invoices, and other relevant documents/forms; order supplies for staff and students
- Update and maintain various records using database technology as appropriate
- Assign students to staff in IEP system, schedule IEP meetings, verify all Annual/Revised IEPs are finalized/current, communicate with teachers, staff, and local school districts to maintain compliance, upload Annual/Revised IEPs and other educational records, and process information in IEP system
- Quarterly Review of services provided to support data team with billing cycle.
- Track referrals/services on Excel spreadsheet. Create and share digital student files with assigned teachers.
- Design and publish program newsletter throughout the year
- Assist the Children’s Hearing Center with office/clerical responsibilities including greeting patients, answering phones, processing patients’ paperwork and insurance information, and utilizing scheduling and insurance databases.
- Project a positive image of IU and its programs and services.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff members and help them with tasks when deadlines require.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located at 2 W. Lafayette St. Norristown, PA 19401. More information on the School Age program can be found at https://mciu.org/office-of-student-services/.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day, 12 months (260-262 days/year)
$39,279/year - $46,211/year
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, a regional educational service agency, provides dynamic, visionary leadership and effective, efficient services for constituent school districts, schools and students.
Why Should You Apply?
Competitive hourly rate.
Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance coverage.
Eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
Participation in PSERS (Public School Employees’ Retirement System).
Paid time off benefits.
Family-friendly schedule, no evenings, weekends, or holidays
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 939).
Please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.