Key Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
- Reviews requisitions and specifications for completeness of description, account to be charged, and signatures allowing authorization.
- Assist in recording Real Estate deposits.
- Places orders for routine purchases and lease purchase agreements from approved requisitions.
- Determines that purchase order is prepared with correct budget codes and addressed to the correct vendor.
- Checks all items on bid forms for correctness and rectifies any errors before purchase orders are written.
- Performs a variety of Business Office assignments, including statistical and financial data; may compose routine letters and memorandums from verbal instructions.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries and back orders.
- Performs procurement follow-up.
- Maintains electronic files of existing and potential vendors for supplies, equipment, service and reference purposes.
- Communicate with vendors to request repairs to equipment.
- Prepares purchasing reports and compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, inventories, lease purchasing agreements and service agreement report and other reports as required.
- Answers questions concerning the status of an order placed, and troubleshoot problems concerning the Business Services/Purchasing websites to the Director of Business Services/Purchasing and Purchasing Specialists.
- Assist in preparation of General Fund, Food Service, Athletics, and Activity Deposits
- Adaptability to be cross-trained in other Business Office functions
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge/awareness of own cultural identity and how this influences behavior, and desire to learn about the cultural identity of others.
- Ability to establish and nurture an environment that promotes cultural competence and equitable treatment of staff, students, and patrons of the District.
- Ability to understand and hold self and others accountable for promoting and attaining the goals as outlined in Focus Forward 2025.
- Ability to recognize that each person is a unique individual even as we celebrate their group cultural heritage.
- Ability to courageously lead conversations focused on equity, closing opportunity gaps, and equal access
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with District staff and administrators, students, parents or guardians, outside agencies, and the public, in a multi-ethnic, multicultural, multilingual environment.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback to improve practice and systems.
||William Penn SD
||$17.32/Hour (per Collective Bargaining Agreement)
|Posting Start Date:
- Demonstrated proficiency /experience with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability and knowledge of transferring and importing data (DBA)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to effectively structure the work in an office
- Access to reliable transportation
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration
Pre-employment Paperwork Requirements:
- Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check, FBI Fingerprinting Background Check, Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release (Act 168) forms
- School Personnel Health Record and TB test
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Work scheduled hours on a consistent basis
- Indoor office environment is subject to frequent interruptions
- Pushing, moving and lifting objects with a strength factor of light work
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of standard office equipment
- Clarity of vision at varying distances
- Verbal, auditory and written capabilities to effectively communicate in an articulate manner
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally to retrieve and store files and supplies
- Lifting objects with a strength factor of light work
- Occasional bending, reaching and stretching
- Occasional kneeling, crouching and squatting
- Occasional pulling, pushing
||This listing expires on: 9/16/2022