Chief Operations Administrator
Purpose of Position
Directs and manages all phases of the departments under the Office of Operations. Oversees the leadership of the following departments – Student Transportation, Information Technology, Facilities & Custodial (Internal and Outsourced), and Food Services (Internal and Outsourced).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the leadership oversight of the assigned departments within the Operations Department.
- Works with Facilities supervisors to establish appropriate maintenance, grounds-keeping, and custodial expectations and requirements for each District building.
- Provides justification for the development of all budgets under the Operations Department. Maintains a detailed cost analysis program of departmental expenditures such as overtime costs.
- Ensures Facilities Director is inspecting buildings and grounds to determine the timeliness and standards of workmanship, cleanliness, safety, and security are being maintained.
- Ensures the implementation of short- and long-range preventative maintenance programs, including deferred maintenance and building infrastructure.
- Oversees the payment process of all outside contractors performing work for the District.
- Makes recommendations for employment, discipline, promotion, demotion, additions, exiting and terminations of personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, AHERA, Right-to-Know, Radon, lead paint, lead in drinking water, and asbestos correction.
- Reviews, with Facilities Management, all fire and security alarms on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with administration in addressing grievance and labor management issues.
- In collaboration with the Transportation Supervisor, assists in the planning and oversight of bus schedules and state-reporting requirements
- In collaboration with the Food Service Supervisor, ensures all PDE reports are being filed accurately and timely. Reviews all claims, program applications, and invoices prior to submission. Participates in all program audits, reviews, and site inspections.
- Works with IT Manager to ensure disaster recovery plans are in place and data protection is current.
- Organizes and implements an orientation program on proper operation and maintenance of school facilities for department personnel.
- Ensures continuing staff training and personnel development program for Operations staff. 16. Works with contractor to monitor energy usage across District facilities.
- Ensures the Facilities Director has an efficient and cost-effective schedule for snow removal operation. Operations Director assists with road monitoring during snow events.
- Keeps informed of the latest trends, developments and products in the Operations areas.
- Attends all Board Meetings and Board committee meetings in areas of oversight
- Responsible for claims submission and follow-up for all property and cyber claims
- Works with insurance carrier on risk surveys and inspections 22. Participates in the Safety Committee meetings
- Develops and performs all bids and RFPs for areas of oversight
- Serves as the Owner Representative for all construction projects
- Responsible for the planning and execution of long-term capital and IT plans
- Manages the district vehicle fleet and ensure compliance with inspections, driver verification, and other requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates all contracts under the Office of Operations
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Business Administrator or his/her designee.
Chief Operations Administrator
||$94,792 - $132,708
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, or a related field is required; Master’s degree preferred. PASBO Certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in public school business and administrative functions or relevant experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, and technology skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work under stress. Ability to work effectively with people and be able to supervise others.
- Ability to do job responsibilities with minimal supervision and ability to schedule time to meet deadlines.
- Ability to concentrate on the accuracy of detailed information, meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise judgment for when to act independently and when to refer situations to a supervisor.
- Ability to work flexible hours and schedules.
||This listing expires on: 9/12/2022