POSITION TITLE: Accounting Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Support Staff
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Services
CATEGORY: Support Staff
Summary of Purpose
This position is responsible for organizing and performing select accounting and other support services for the business office. The position is accountable for the use of independent judgment and the handling of non-routine situation and setting priorities to assist the administration in decision making. The position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following: financial accounting, audit support, required PDE financial and grant reporting, asset management, developing reports, and other business office functions of the district.
SCOPE AND IMPACT
- Work with the Director of Business Services to implement and/or monitor procedures to ensure proper internal controls and efficiency of operations.
- Prepares and completes the Annual Financial Report (AFR-PDE 2057), monthly financial reports for Board meetings, quarterly Access and grant reports, and other applicable reports/schedules.
- Assists in the preparation for the annual independent financial and single audits as well as any other required local, state, or federal audits/reviews. Reconciles the general ledger and prepares supporting working papers needed for the audits. Prepares necessary journal entries to close out the fiscal year and works with the auditors and business office staff to pull requested documents.
- Maintains the general ledger and account code structure for all district funds.
- Assists the Director of Business Services with the development and administration of the annual budget, including research and analysis of expenses and revenues.
- Reconciles all bank accounts monthly and prepares and enters appropriate month end journal entries and budget transfer for all funds.
- Responsible for the day-to-day cash flow and online banking functions in coordination with the Director of Business Services.
- Maintains the inventory control, fixed asset, and lease management systems and processes.
- Provide support to business office staff as needed as well as be available to serve as back-up for critical functions in the event of an extended absence of staff.
- Serve as a point person for the internal accounting software. Possess a good general knowledge of the software, and guide, direct, or answer questions on its use.
- Work closely with extra-curricular department, federal programs coordinator, food service department, and building personnel helping with annual reports and day-to-day accounting needs.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Business Services or Superintendent
- Maintains Confidentiality
- Demonstrates proficient technology skills.
This position accomplishes most of its tasks through the integration of complex procedures exercising a great deal of judgement when necessary. Internal contacts include the Board, and district employees. The external contacts include outside organizations, parents and the community.
A Bachelor’s in Accounting or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience in the areas of finance and accounting equal to 3-5 years is preferred. Strong technology skills as well as strong interpersonal, decision-making, ethical and leadership skills.
Physical and mental job requirements
- Moderately, physically active, may be necessary to be seated for extended periods of time
- Occasional bending, crouching, stooping, twisting, reaching and grasping
- Some lifting, up to 25 pounds
- Able to receive, analyze, interpret and deliver detailed information through written and oral communications.
- Manual dexterity and repetitive movement of fingers and hands for keyboarding
- Typically requires close visual acuity involved with preparing and analyzing data, viewing a computer a screen and extensive reading
- Able to function at high level in fast-paced work environment
- Able to work 1-on-1, in small groups and in large groups of colleagues
- Able to observe and manage tasks in multiple settings.
||Donegal School District
||Mount Joy, PA
||$55,000-$80,000 depending in experience
|Posting Start Date:
||Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Business or 3-5 years of related experience and training in Accounting or school district business office operations.
Applications are available at the Donegal School District Administrative Office,1051 Koser Rd., Mount Joy, PA 17552 or by downloading the application at www.donegalsd.org under Employment. Applicants must submit a completed application, cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to the attention
of Tammi Alexander, Donegal School District, 1051 Koser Rd., Mount Joy, PA 17552, email@example.com EOE
||This listing expires on: 7/8/2022