Job Summary: The Staff Accountant works independently to provide accounting and financial support and collaborates with business partners.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining assigned budgets including revenues, expenses, and salary and benefit projections.
- Perform financial analysis of assigned budgets; identify trends, variances, and explain changes.
- Perform journal entries for assigned programs and activities.
- Provide periodic financial reporting to program owners.
- Prepare board motions for assigned programs.
- Submit annual grant and budget application materials using prescribed materials and systems.
- Collaborates with program owners to develop budgets, assess program needs, and provide exemplary business partner support.
- Prepare and submit periodic reporting for state and federal grants including quarterly cash-on-hand reports; failure to submit completely and timely could result in the loss of grant funding.
- Enter and post new and revised budgets in the financial system.
- Submit Annual IU Transparency Reporting by analyzing data and identifying appropriate expenses to report based on requirements.
- Prepare mid-year and year-end reconciliation of expenses and revenues.
- Prepares information for valuation of GASB 45 requirements.
- Routinely meets with program directors and staff to review budgets and recommend changes; translates financials to non-financial staff.
- Assists with departmental projects related to process improvements.
Other Duties: This position description does not express nor does it imply that the above duties are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent(s) in this position. Additional duties may be assigned by the Administrator of the department, as needed, to adapt to the changing needs of the organization.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand for long periods, and to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, 260-day calendar position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Hours of work are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hours are dependent on the needs of the districts. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: ?Occasional travel will be required in support of the position, which may include the need for overnight accommodations.
||Bucks County Intermediate Unit
||Excellent opportunity at a minimum salary rate of $55,000 depending on the degree and work experience. Hybrid work schedule and excellent benefits package!!
|Posting Start Date:
Education and Experience:
Level of Degree:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organizational skills necessary for managing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced computer and Excel skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people on all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions relying on problem-solving skills.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable): Citizenship or work authorization to work in the United States required.
EEO/AA/VEVRAA Employer: The Bucks IU is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Bucks IU does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
The Bucks IU offers excellent medical benefits, PSERS pension plan, hybrid work schedule,and summer Fridays off.
||This listing expires on: 7/21/2022