Qualified candidate will be required to use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and to talk and hear; Sit and occasionally be required to climb ladders, operate mobile lift equipment, climb and walk on rooftops, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch; Have specific vision abilities, to include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus; Have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and possess effective communication, judgmental, planning and human relations skills, and will be required to work under periods of stress due to the level of the position responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the activities of the evening custodial staff.
- Knowledge and ability to trouble shoot and repair air conditioning, refrigeration, heating, ventilation fans, pumps, piping, sheet metals, duct work, associated with HVAC equipment.
- Ability to install, maintain, repair, troubleshoot all equipment associated with plumbing to include, but not limited to: overhead and underground piping, bathroom fixtures and facilities, manual, electronic and automatic valves, copper, black, galvanized and plastic piping, drinking fountains, potable and heating water equipment, hot water heaters, ice machines, pumps, etc.
- Evaluate, produce specifications and parts list in order to complete assigned tasks and/or projects.
- Ability to calibrate, repair, replace, troubleshoot equipment associated with pneumatic controls for all HVAC equipment.
- Responsible for recovery of refrigeration as per the Universal Refrigerant recovery laws.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all types of plumbing equipment as per assignment, work order system and/or preventative maintenance program.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all types of HVAC equipment as per assignment, work order system and/or preventative maintenance program.
- Reviews blueprints and specifications for new projects and installation to ensure working relationship with current systems and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining all plumbing and HVAC equipment, tools, stock and storage areas in safe working conditions.
- Ability to fully operate the MCIU’s BAS systems and make automated control changes and corrections with our standard systems. Have working knowledge of Honeywell, Conexus and/or Trane controls
- Act as project manager for all HVAC upgrades and repairs as needed. Acquire estimate and quotes for the needed repairs and work.
- Ability to identify and procure tools and equipment for HVAC repairs
- Develops daily SOP’s, quarterly and annual PM’s for all HVAC equipment (i.e.) filter changes, coil cleaning, etc.
- Make recommendations and provide information/data to leadership and other administrators for necessary changes within area of responsibility.
- Actively model the mission, values, and operating principles of the MCIU.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Office of Facilities and Operations Administrative team.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located in Norristown, PA.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day, 12 months (260-262 days/year)
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, a regional educational service agency, provides dynamic, visionary leadership and effective, efficient services for constituent school districts, schools and students.
Why Should You Apply?
How to Apply:
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance coverage.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Participation in PSERS (Public School Employees’ Retirement System).
- Paid time off benefits.
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs
(Job ID: 906).
Please contact the Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit #23
||$58,919/year - $69,317/yr
|Posting Start Date:
- High school diploma or equivalent necessary
- Minimum ten years of experience in commercial HVAC and refrigeration trades
- Certification in Universal Refrigerant Recovery required
- Valid PA Driver’s license
- Demonstrated success with tracking and meeting performance outcomes.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment and to work effectively with people.
- Ability to problem solve and use technology to gain information and communicate with others.
- Ability to work under stress and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to schedule time to meet deadlines, to communicate effectively, and to read and analyze written and verbal information.
- Ability to use computer technology efficiently – proficiency in using all MS Office products.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
||This listing expires on: 7/14/2022