General Scope of Responsibilities:
The Business Manager is primarily responsible for the supervision of the general business office of the school district including budgeting and financial planning, purchasing, accounting and reporting, payroll operations, insurances, employee benefits, custodian of legal papers and property records, debts service, capital fund management, taxes, and all public law activities. The Business Manager is also responsible for the completion and filing of all reports relating to his/her areas of responsibility. The Business Manager supervises the Business Department, including but not limited to Accounting, Payroll, Food Service, and Human Resources staff.
Business Department Staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of superintendent’s cabinet.
- Establish goals with superintendent and staff to assure effective and efficient attainment and implementation of school board policy and objectives.
- Develop a positive working relationship with the entire administrative team providing direction and supervision to office staff to ensure board-approved programs and goals.
- Coordinate, develop, and consolidate all data relating to the annual district budget as may be requested by the school board or superintendent.
- Administer cash and investment program.
- Prepare annual school budget.
- Maintain current district data relating to local, state, and federal laws.
- Prepare reports of departmental activities as may be required by the school board or other school district officials.
- Monitor budget spending and receipt of revenue in an ongoing basis.
- Maintain financial controls to ensure efficiency and fidelity of public funds.
- Coordinate short-term and long-range financial planning in collaboration with district finance committee.
- Provide necessary information to assure satisfactory completion of auditing procedures.
- Monitor district insurance programs to insure appropriate coverage and cost effectiveness.
- Supervise adjustments and liens, accessing, collecting, and reporting of all taxes within the framework of policies adopted by the school board.
- Supervise the bidding, purchasing, receipt and inventory of all materials necessary to the operation of the school district.
- Supervise the accounting and reporting procedures relative to student activity accounts and federal project accounts.
- Evaluate, approve or reject all requisitions or requests for funds processed through the accounts payable and accounts receivable function.
- Provide all accounting and reporting services as required in the operation of the school district.
- Oversee management of district payroll system according to district policies.
- Complete and submit local, state, and federal financial and statistical reports and other miscellaneous reports as may be necessary, including state pupil accounting.
- Maintain and secure all permanent property records and legal papers.
- Supervise all activities relevant to debt service and capital fund management.
- Oversee and ensure required Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), and the United States Department of Education (USED), and other oversight agencies required reporting and submissions.
- Attend administration/cabinet/board and committee meetings, as requested.
- Oversee Food Service budget and reporting.
- Serve as Morrisville School District Management Trustee, to the Bucks and Montgomery County Schools Health Care Consortium.
- Oversee Human Resources functions of district, reporting to District Superintendent.
- Oversee Business Office staff and ensure compliance with Business Office payroll and accounting procedures including accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with requirements of various grant programs, including, but not limited to, 21st Century, NCLB, IDEA, ESSEA, Pre-K and Ready to Learn (“RTL”).
- Other duties as may be assigned.
||School District of Borough of Morrisville
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Educational Administration, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years successful performance as a public-school business official. Consideration may be given to a candidate who possesses experiences and qualifications which are deemed of an equivalent nature by the interviewing team.
- Pennsylvania Certified School Business Administrator preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Ability to appear for work and to complete assigned tasks within a reasonable period.
||This listing expires on: 7/9/2022