Director of Human Resources
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative individual to become part of our progressive District team.
Who We Are
The West Shore School District, located between Harrisburg and York in southcentral Pennsylvania, has eight elementary schools, three middle schools, two high schools, and a virtual learning academy. With approximately 7,500 students and over 930 staff members, West Shore is the third largest public school district in the Greater Harrisburg metropolitan area.
We are committed to providing students with inspiring and relevant experiences so they may live meaningful, purposeful, and impactful lives.
Role of the Director of Human Resources in Supporting Our Why
The Director of Human Resources is an important contributing member of a dynamic leadership team and serves as liaison for all prospective, current, and former employees of the school district.
In this cabinet level administrative position, your major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- supporting recruitment and selection of new employees;
- assisting in employee classification and compensation analysis;
- tracking employee leave and ensuring procurement of substitutes;
- serving as District Title IX Compliance Officer;
- supervising an active employee wellness program;
- maintaining human resource related records in conjunction with retention procedures;
- handling labor relations and human resource inquiries related to policies, procedures, and bargaining agreements; and
- supporting administration during employee performance reviews.
We are looking for a qualified human resources administrator with:
- A Master’s degree.
- Strong management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in human resources management and a thorough understanding of laws, regulations, and guidelines related to human resources.
We are focused on providing a place where staff want to work, students want to be, and families want to live.
The West Shore School District values diversity, equity and inclusion. This is reflected by our practice to provide all persons equal access to all categories of employment in this District, regardless of race, age, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, handicap/disability, or differently-abled status, in accordance with state and federal laws governing educational and vocational programs and, in its recruitment, and employment practices. The District shall make reasonable accommodations for identified physical and mental impairments that constitute disabilities, consistent with the requirements of federal and state laws and regulations.
How to Join Our Team
To apply, interested applicants should visit our employment portal at: https://www.applitrack.com/wssdk12/onlineapp
Application materials must be submitted electronically and will be accepted until the position is filled. Our hope is to have the position filled as soon as possible to allow our new Director of Human Resources approximately one month to work with the person currently in the role.
The West Shore School District is an equal opportunity employer.
Minority candidates encouraged to apply.