Assistant Business Administrator
The Coatesville Area School District is currently accepting applications from candidates interested in joining our team as our Assistant Business Administrator.
All applicants must apply directly to the link above.
- Assists the Director of Business Administration with overseeing the business office, food service, transportation, and facilities departments.
- Responsible for direct supervision of Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Accounting Staff, and Purchasing Coordinator/Fiscal Specialist.
- Assists the Director of Business Administration in the development and implementation of policy and procedures governing financial accounts as required by local Board, State, and Federal agencies.
- Develop and monitor internal controls related to financial transactions and ensure compliance with applicable laws. Develop forms and prepare manuals required to guide activities of accounting and budgeting for administrative and other personnel who records and maintain financial data. Conduct financial meetings/training sessions for district employees.
- Assist in the preparation of the district’s annual budget and long-term fiscal planning. Work with management to recommend cost savings for the District. Provide technical assistance in budgeting and accounting to cost center and special fund program managers
- Prepare presentations and attend Committee and School Board meetings as directed by the Director of Business Administration.
- Oversee the preparation all financial and budget reports for the Board of Education, school district administrators, state, and federal agencies including the following: PDE Annual Financial Report, PDE 2028 budget report, Annual Schedule of State and Other Financial Assistance, Annual Financial Statements including the Management Discussion and Analysis.
- Oversees the management of the District’s cash and investments.
- Act as District liaison for Local, State, Federal, and other Auditors.
- Coordinates the filing on the single audit.
- Oversee yearend financial closing process.
- Provide information to district financial advisor, bond council, third-party administrators, consultants, etc., as reasonably requested.
- Coordinate and oversees GASB 45 audit.
- Develop and maintain financial reports for the district including; cost center reports, District expense and revenue projections and trend analysis for management review, financial analyses for contract negotiations as well as ad-hoc reports at management’s request.
- Monitor District Funds budget activity. Advise management concerning negative budget balances.
- Acts as the District liaison to the State, paying agent bank, and District Financial Advisor in applying for and receiving reimbursement for the District’s reimbursable capital projects.
- Oversee the coordination of real estate tax billing, changes and appeals with the district’s third-party administrator, county and district solicitor.
- Coordinate the RFP and Bid process
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Business Administration and the Superintendent
Assistant Business Administrator
||Coastesville Area School District
||$90,000 - $130,000
|Posting Start Date:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred, and Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- 10+ years of school accounting experience.
- 10+ years of supervisory experience.
- An understanding of governmental fund accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Public accounting experience.
- Experience in computerized accounting software including the ability to create ad hoc reports.
- Demonstration of continuing education
External Candidates must upload required clearances. This includes the Act 34 (State Criminal Clearance), Act 151 (Child Abuse) and Act 114 (FBI Clearance). All Clearances must be within 1 year of application date. Candidates not providing updated clearances will not be considered for employment.
||This listing expires on: 5/28/2022