1. Compiles and sorts documents, such as purchase orders, back-up documentation, and invoices to substantiate business transactions. Obtains clari?cation or additional documentation when needed for purchasing transactions. Reviews purchasing transactions for compliance with state accounting manual
2. Coordinates district purchasing/bid results, checking for compliance with laws and district policies
3. Enters and posts journal entries as needed or directed by the Administrators in the district’s ?nancial system
4. Veri?es and posts details of transactions, funds received, funds disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases
5. Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and processes invoices/purchase orders for payment
6. Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
7. Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, reports, and other records. Reviews all records for accuracy
8. Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers; Extracts general ledger information/reports from district’s ?nance system
9. Compiles cost reports and revenue and balance sheets; Reconciles bank statements.
10. Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date
11. Assists other employees, vendors, or customers by answering questions or providing guidance related to accounts, purchasing procedures, and services
12. Screens incoming calls and correspondence and then responds independently when possible.
13. Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate ?les to correspondence to be answered by the Administrator when necessary
14. Organizes and maintains relevant ?ling system. Files purchasing, accounts payable and other ?nancial records
15. Serves as a back-up to other Business O?ce sta? as needed. As a cooperative team member, o?ers assistance and support as needed to accomplish the work of the Business O?ce
16. Performs other related duties as assigned