Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager shall have the primary responsibility of providing management of human resources systems and functions, along with human resources support to CLIU departments and constituent school districts. Though assigned to specific areas of the HR Department, the HR Manager will be an embedded leader of the CLIU and the HR Department, understanding the complexities of the organization and department. This position will require a hands-on understanding of all HR Systems.
The Human Resources Manager shall be directly responsible to the Director of Human Resources and shall report to him/her on all matters concerning the assigned functions and other organizational business.
- Demonstrates a proficient understanding and utilization of Microsoft Office Suite and other software packages for use in the Human Resources Department.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with external and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated by patience, understanding, and congeniality.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills and time management skills, providing for productivity, accuracy, and attention to detail in the carrying out of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand, implement, and comply with local, state, and federal law and collective bargaining provisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively and successfully manage staff.
- Completes tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and maintain departmental deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to make professional decisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Proficient in the use of technology to communicate with CLIU #21 staff and constituent school districts.
- Possesses the skills to provide the highest level of customer service, with patience and knowledge of the department’s services.
- Ability to attend work regularly during assigned work hours, subject to lawful leave rights and responsibilities.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, lift, reach, communicate (vision, hearing, and speech), and carry or convey sufficient weight to safely and effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
- Ability to independently ambulate in and around work areas.
- Ability to travel to and from assigned work locations without employer support.
- Ability to travel on and/or drive a CLIU #21 vehicle.
- Ability to exhibit appropriate manual dexterity to effectively carry out functions, duties, and responsibilities.
The Human Resources Manager will have the authority to perform all functions listed below in accordance with established policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty/responsibility at acceptable standards. In accordance with both state and/or federal law, reasonable accommodations will be considered upon employee request.
- Manages monthly preparation of the Board Agenda specific to assigned areas and assists in accuracy of the personnel section.
- Conducts employee investigations, as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- Provides clear, concise, and consistent communication to all internal/external CLIU stakeholders.
- Manages workers’ compensation claims, including leave integration.
- Coordinates and attends quarterly workers’ compensation claims review meetings.
- Facilitates the workplace safety committee, including annual application of workers compensation discount.
- Manages leaves of absence.
- Manages and facilitates requests for accommodations.
- Monitors and recommends changes to job descriptions.
- Manages employee absences and documentation.
- Manages payroll functions and systems.
- Manages benefit plans, programs, and systems.
- Coordinates monthly absence tracking reports and makes recommendations regarding correspondence.
- Oversees and manages the request for medical notes.
- Oversees, maintains, and enhances the Human Resources section of the
- CLIU #21 webpage for areas assigned and ensures overall accuracy for the Human Resources Department.
- Coordinates unemployment claims and attends hearings.
- Facilitates and participates in Employee Orientation for areas assigned.
- Develops, implements, and oversees a compensation plan and development of salary offers.
- Manages substitute services for the CLIU.
- Prepares, updates, and reviews written procedures for HR systems.
- Satisfactorily performs and carries out all functions, responsibilities, and tasks, as assigned by Director and Human Resources guidelines and/or procedures.
- Supervises Human Resources professionals and support staff, as assigned.
- Utilizes and teams with other members of Human Resources Department to offer quality services.
- Carries out HR functions in the absence of HR Team members.
- Coordinates Executive Search as directed by Executive Office.
- Attends meetings in the absence of Director of Human Resources, as assigned.
- This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other duties, as assigned.
Please visit our website to complete an application. Only those that complete an application will be considered.
Human Resources Manager
||Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit #21
|Posting Start Date:
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, required.
Five (5) years’ experiences in a Human Resources Department, desired.
Three to five (3-5) years in an educational setting, preferred.
Three to five (3-5) years’ experience with payroll, benefits, and leaves.
Three (3) years’ supervisor experience, preferred.
||This listing expires on: 2/19/2022