Director/School Police Officer
Position Title: Director/School Police Officer - Safe Schools
Department: Safety Department
Reports To: Superintendent of Schools
Salary in accordance with the Act 93 agreement
To enable the District to provide a safe, secure, and nurturing environment for all students and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all members of the District’s safe schools staff. Directly supervises school district security coordinator.
- Serves as ACT 44 safety and security coordinator.
- Participates in hiring process, disciplinary action, training and evaluation of District safe schools team.
- Directs District-led investigations related to the violation of PA law and reviews all citations prior to filing them with City Police. Includes gang-related/graffiti-related incidents.
- Responsible for the completion of the PDE 360 Violence and Weapons Report. Works with Academic team to review PDE safe school report.
- Reports all major incidents and activities involving safe schools to the Superintendent. Conducts in-service meetings with safe schools staff, and attends annual police updates.
- Evaluates the performance of the safe school team in conjunction with the Superintendent and Building Principals.
- Supports the security staff in the development of work schedules, overtime events and overall coordination of leave requests.
- Coordinates emergency management plans and serves as a liaison with City and County Emergency Management teams.
- Coordinates visitor management/ID cards. Responsible for All Hazards Plan updates, MOU’s and letters of agreement with local law enforcement, PEMA and County EM Teams.
- Coordinates and evaluates school site assessments with local police and other officials. Instructs students in issues of school safety, when appropriate.
- Participates in efforts to obtain funding through Safe School Initiative Grants.
- Represents the Harrisburg School District in community initiatives/activities related to Safe Schools and communities.
- Reports all maintenance concerns, such as broken windows, bathroom facilities, fire extinguishers, etc. to Operations
- Oversees the District-wide video surveillance system.
Director/School Police Officer
||Harrisburg School District
|Posting Start Date:
||Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Act 120 Training; and the ability to attain SPO designation from the Court of Common Pleas
- 3+ years experience - Criminal Justice experience in urban setting or related experience with school - or related safety and security field;
- Must demonstrate successful experience working with gang-related activity, graffiti-related activity and juvenile violence-related activity.
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, and technology skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work under stress. Ability to work effectively with people and be able to supervise others.
- Ability to work flexible hours and schedules.
- Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
||This listing expires on: 1/30/2022