The Business Administrator will supervise the financial operations as they relate to the Harrisburg School District as part of the Harrisburg School District recovery project. This includes the continual display of leadership, organizational and communication skills in areas of Financial Management, and Data Processing operations to assure the prudent safeguard of all public funds.
This list is intended to be illustrative rather than complete and serves to show major duties and responsibilities and does not express or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this position. The employee will be required to perform any other position-related duties requested by the supervisor.
Shall initiate, plan, coordinate, monitor and direct the business affairs of the school district including:
$130,000 - $145,000
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 726).
Please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
- Develop, maintain, and supervise accounting records for the receipt, custody, and disbursement of funds.
- Provide supervisory support to the Business Office staff to maintain proper internal controls, meet financial reporting timelines, and ensure audit compliance in all activities.
- Oversee the internal financial operations of the Harrisburg City School District.
- Develop and recommend improved accounting and budgetary control methods.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Prepare reports, analyses and interpretations of accounts and budget performance.
- Develop a District-Wide comprehensive budget package
- Advise the District Administration on issues, trends, and changes in the financial operating performance and operational delivery of all District programs and services.
- Prepare the Annual Financial Report for submission.
- Develop specifications and proposals for the purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Recommend and ensure compliance with proper accounting principles and acceptable internal control measures.
- Shall have the responsibility of keeping informed regarding state and federal regulations, memoranda, and legislation relative to subsidies, pupil accounting, transportation, fiscal matters, and other management matters of concern to the District.
- Review and approve all contracts.
- Support the development of new funding streams.
- Develop financial data for negotiations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or designee.
||Harrisburg School District/ Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
|Posting Start Date:
To successfully perform this position, a person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualification requirements listed below represent minimum levels of educational achievement, training, skill and/or ability necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- PASBO Business Manager credentialing strongly desired.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in appropriate field, including 3-5 at a leadership level.
- Knowledge of facilities, food service and transportation operations desired.
- Experience overseeing the financial recovery of school districts preferred, including one or more of the following:
- Oversight of staff during school recovery projects.
- Responsibility of school district budget process and office-level budget.
- Frequently interfaces with Board, Customers, and Stakeholders
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, and technology skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work under stress. Ability to work effectively with people and be able to supervise others.
- Ability to do job responsibilities with minimal supervision and ability to schedule time to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage information in Microsoft software and Google applications.
- Ability to concentrate on the accuracy of detailed information, meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours and schedules.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
||This listing expires on: 9/20/2021