Program Administrator, Academics
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor achievement and growth in all schools and collaborate with Chief Academic Officer regarding program modifications and enhancements.
- Under the direction of the Chief Academic Officer, collaborate with building leadership on District objectives, program initiatives, and challenges.
- Provide educational leadership, administrative direction, support, guidance, and technical assistance for the academic programs of the District.
- Design, develop, evaluate and modify curriculum, instructional practices, learning materials, and innovative educational programs in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and oversight of instructional reading/math specialists, instructional coaches.
- Collaborate with appropriate personnel in the supervision of the integration of technology into curricular planning and instructional design.
- Demonstrate leadership in assessing needs, planning, administering, and evaluating a multifaceted professional development program for all staff.
- Oversee the areas of assessment and accountability to ensure, in part, proper alignment between assessments, instruction and District curriculum as well as the effective management of student data systems, including, but not limited to, ensuring that proper procedures and protocols are in place for gathering, analyzing and storing pertinent data.
- Oversee and monitor the budgets for areas of responsibility in collaboration with the Chief Academic Officer.
- Establish and uphold high performance expectations, collaborative planning and program development, responsive management, and personal accountability within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Utilize appropriate strategies and problem-solving tools to make recommendations and decisions concerning planning, budgeting, utilization of funds, delivering services, and evaluation of services provided.
- Draft, interpret, and disseminate policies, regulations, procedures, and other important information to staff within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Under the leadership of the Chief Academic Officer, serve as liaison with the Pennsylvania Department of Education for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Establish and update short- and long-range plans associated with areas of responsibility.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of contracted services in areas of responsibility.
- Maintain a positive, collaborative working relationship with the District and school staff and community agencies.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of all required reports and maintain required records in departments supervised.
- Consistently represent the District in a positive and professional manner.
- Attend training sessions, conferences, and workshops to keep abreast of current practices, programs, and legal issues associated with areas of responsibility.
- Perform such other duties as requested/assigned by the Chief Academic Officer.
Program Administrator, Academics
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit /Chester Upland School District
||Norristown & Chester Upland, PA
|Posting Start Date:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in building administration and/or District-wide/Central Office experience in an instructional supervisory role preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Leadership, or appropriately related field; Doctorate in Education preferred.
- Appropriate Pennsylvania certification required per CSPG No. 88.
- Experience in an urban school district preferred.
- Knowledge of learning theory, program planning, curriculum development, and management of instructional programs.
- Knowledge of current educational trends, methods, research, and instructional technology.
- Proven ability to supervise and work collaboratively with a team responsible for direct oversight of academic programs.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills evidencing the ability to work with varied constituencies.
- Proven planning, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong skills in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data for a variety of audiences.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
||This listing expires on: 9/5/2021