Interested candidates should apply directly on our recruiting webpage here
Job Summary: Give oversight and analytical evaluation of payroll process and expenses versus budget. Perform payroll functions for the entire district and ensure payroll is processed accurately and timely.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain employee data/position information in the district’s financial platform, and the PSERS platform.
- Prepare bi-weekly payrolls for all district employees (hourly & salaried) including timecard creation, processing, research and resolution of special pay solutions, and generation of checks and EFT vouchers for employees.
- Prepare, run, reconcile and upload reports (bi-weekly & monthly) related to PSERS.
- Prepare and process additional special pays throughout the year (i.e., Extracurricular, etc.)
- Review and ensure accurate computation of pay, including interpretation of multiple employment agreements and their application to payroll processing. Ensure payroll payments made meet contractual obligations, working in cooperation with HR / Superintendent’s office on degree/step and other salary management as needed.
- Provide oversight and analysis to payroll function, bringing unusual or problematic situations to the attention to the administration.
- Prepare data for budget analysis by district administration as needed during budget planning process, and for review of status when appropriate.
- Process manual timecards for any employees without access to electronic timecard system. Review data from electronic timecard system to ensure accuracy, appropriate use of computerized systems, and proper authorization for time processed; download to payroll system each pay.
- Calculate salary adjustments/work-ups for employees on various types of paid or unpaid leaves, balance of contract payments, pay adjustments, and related tax adjustments.
- Process upload of employee data from (AESOP) absence system to payroll software to verify and ensure proper tracking of leave balances for all employees.
- Complete, update and verify fiscal year rollover including but not limited to: new hourly/salary increases, deductions, salary schedules, life insurance, calendars, etc.
- Process employee terminations/retirements within the district’s financial platform and the PSERS platform.
- Assist/coordinate with HR for the completion of Unemployment, payroll/salary and local/state/federal agency verification forms, producing wage history reports as needed.
- Maintain confidential payroll files for all district employees.
- Perform clerical duties such as answering the phone, typing correspondence, filing, copying, faxing, mailing/distributing checks, etc.
- Assist in the audit including providing supporting payroll records, explaining business procedures, investigating discrepancies, and assisting with required resolution of audit findings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
||Hempfield School District
||Starting at $19.54/hour, DOE
|Posting Start Date:
- Associates degree in business / accounting, or equivalent experience required, some accounting courses preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5 years’ experience in payroll or business office environment, preferably in public education
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel
- Must have experience working with payroll software systems
- Must possess accounting and general business knowledge
- Submission of pre-employment medical examination (Section 148 of the PA School Code)
- Submission of the following clearances:
- PA State Criminal History Record (Act 34 & Act 114)
- PA Dept. of Public Welfare Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151 & Act 114)
- Federal (FBI) Background Check (Act 24)
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
||This listing expires on: 8/5/2021