Harrisburg School District in Harrisburg, PA is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Business Administrator for the school district. The Business Administrator will supervise the financial operations as they relate to the Harrisburg School District as part of the Harrisburg School District recovery project. This includes the continual display of leadership, organizational and communication skills in areas of Financial Management, and other school operations.
Some essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and supervise accounting records for the receipt, custody, and disbursement of funds.
- Provide supervisory support to the Business Office staff to maintain proper internal controls, meet financial reporting timelines, and ensure audit compliance in all activities.
- Oversee the internal financial operations of the Harrisburg City School District.
- Develop and recommend improved accounting and budgetary control methods.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Prepare reports, analyses and interpretations of accounts and budget performance.
- Work closely with Director of Operations to ensure continuity of daily financial operations.
- Develop a District-Wide comprehensive budget package
- Advise the District Administration on issues, trends, and changes in the financial operating performance and operational delivery of all District programs and services.
- Prepare the Annual Financial Report for submission.
- Develop specifications and proposals for the purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Recommend and ensure compliance with proper accounting principles and acceptable internal control measures.
- Shall have the responsibility of keeping informed regarding state and federal regulations, memoranda, and legislation relative to subsidies, pupil accounting, transportation, fiscal matters, and other management matters of concern to the District.
- Review and approve all contracts.
- Support the development of new funding streams.
- Develop financial data for negotiations.
Perform all other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or designee.
||Harrisburg School District
||$130,000 - $145,000
|Posting Start Date:
||Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Ability to work flexible hours and schedules.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- PASBO Business Manager credentialing strongly desired.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in appropriate field, including 3-5 at a leadership level.
- Knowledge of facilities, food service and transportation operations desired.
- Experience overseeing the financial recovery of school districts preferred, including one or more of the following:
- Oversight of staff during school recovery projects.
- Responsibility of school district budget process and office-level budget.
- Frequently interfaces with Board, Customers, and Stakeholders
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, and technology skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work under stress. Ability to work effectively with people and be able to supervise others.
- Ability to do job responsibilities with minimal supervision and ability to schedule time to meet deadlines.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
- Ability to manage information in Microsoft software and Google applications.
- Ability to concentrate on the accuracy of detailed information, meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise judgment for when to act independently and when to refer situations to a supervisor.
||This listing expires on: 8/31/2021