Position Information Message
Supervisor of Transportation
A vacancy exists for a Supervisor of Transportation to work within the Office of Business Services at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit/Chester Upland School District! The Supervisor of Transportation provides support for student transportation services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of safe, efficient, and economical pupil transportation for all students.
- Solicit, negotiate, and process for appropriate approvals all contracts with outside transportation providers.
- Maintain close contact with contractors to ensure adherence to all Department of Transportation regulations with respect to vehicles and drivers so as to ensure the safety of all pupils.
- Maintain awareness and coordinate proper implementation of all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines surrounding the delivery of pupil transportation.
- Develop and manage annual budget for transportation services.
- Maintain cost accounting records of all expenditures for transportation purposes; maintain daily mileage and cost records for each vehicle; and keep a record of the number of children transported on each vehicle.
- Responsible for the preparation of all transportation data and forms required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
- Assist in the determination of whether road and weather conditions are satisfactory for bus operations.
- Make recommendations and provide information/data to supervisor and other administrators for necessary changes within area of responsibility.
- Actively model the mission, values, and operating principles of the MCIU & District.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Administrative team.
This position will be working in Norristown/Chester Upland.
Monday-Friday, 7.0 hours/day, 12 months (260-262 days/year)
$86,113/year - $101,309/year
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 705). Please contact the Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
Supervisor of Transportation
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit /Chester Upland School District
||Norristown & Chester Upland, PA
||$86,113/year - $101,309/year
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred; Associate's degree and related work experience required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to problem-solve, take initiative with school district clients and internal operations, and use technology to gain information and communicate with others.
- Ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
||This listing expires on: 9/5/2021