Data Services Technical Administrator
A vacancy exists for a Data Services Technical Administrator
to work within the Office of Technology Services at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit! The Data Services Technical Administrator assists with data related duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and lead the technical daily activities of the Data Team ensuring appropriate tasks are appropriately allocated and all deadlines are met.
- Provide advanced technical support for PowerSchool SIS and related systems including creating custom HTML forms and pages, building applications and reports through Oracle APEX or FusionCharts, writing PowerQueries and sqlReports, maintaining user authentication connections via Microsoft Azure, Google, and/or LDAP, advising on application upgrade schedules and specifications, and completing server-side maintenance, as needed.
- Coordinate and verify the Special Education PIMS and Child Count state and federal reporting for Montgomery County LEAs.
- Design interactive data dashboards and reports for internal and external clients using Oracle Analytics Cloud, Microsoft Excel (including Microsoft Power Query), or other similar data analysis/visualization software.
- Create and maintain data integrations between various relational databases including PowerSchool, FileMaker Pro, and Oracle Data Sync through API connections, Python scripts, PowerShell, automated scheduled imports/exports, or similar means.
- Modernize and support existing FileMaker Pro database infrastructure.
- Expand and enhance evolving Microsoft Office365 initiatives including creating applications for Teams, Forms, Power Platform, Project, SharePoint, and Microsoft Graph API.
- Organize and lead local Data Quality Network meetings; provide advanced PIMS and Data Governance assistance to LEAs; and support Data Quality Network initiatives.
- Responsible for high-level access to secure data systems and servers; lead and manage daily activities of data integration projects.
- Identify new service opportunities and learn new technologies relevant for development.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of highly confidential and critical data; document procedures for all projects and manage bug reporting from internal and external clients.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the systems.
- Maintain system end-user documentation and business rules.
- Maintain current knowledge and a base understanding of new technologies including state and federal guidelines.
- Preserve and maintain good relationships with MCIU and District, technical staff, vendors, statewide counterparts and representatives of the state-reporting program.
- Provide regular status reports on current projects and initiatives to the Data Systems Program Administrator.
- Project a positive image of the IU and its programs and services.
- Serve as a back-up and support to other OTS staff members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Data Systems Program Administrator and/or OTS Director.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located in Norristown, PA.
Monday-Friday, 7.0 hours/day, 12 months (260-262 days/year)
$72,516/year - $85,313/year
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 707). Please contact the Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
Data Services Technical Administrator
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
||$72,516/year - $85,313/year
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- Certificate in Computer Science/Programming, Information Technology, Data Analysis, or related area preferred.
- Certifications in PowerSchool software systems preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in any specialized area required as part of the job functions.
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Professional approach to their work that includes very strong customer services skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications and services including Power Platform, Teams, SharePoint, and Microsoft Graph API
- Professional experience with business intelligence applications and/or data analytics/visualization software, including Oracle Analytics Cloud, Microsoft Power BI, or Tableau
- Preferred experience developing PowerSchool SIS customizations or FileMaker Pro solutions
- Specialized skills in areas to be able to work autonomously as proven through work experience.
- Knowledge of PIMS, Cognos, Data Governance, Child Accounting/Child Count, MS
- Office Suite, and Relational Databases.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work effectively with people.
- Ability to work under stress and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to schedule time to meet deadlines, to communicate effectively, and to read and analyze written and verbal information.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Register, and PDE FBI.
||This listing expires on: 8/27/2021