A vacancy exists for a Payroll Coordinator
to work within the Office of Business Services at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit and the Chester Upland School District! The Payroll Coordinator provides accounting and payroll support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with performing all activities necessary to process and generate a bi-weekly payroll; including but not limited to collection of input, analysis and preparation of input, data entry, balancing, and production of payroll reports.
- Provide support for establishing, implementing, and accounting for all payroll deductions and maintain current deduction information, according to deduction documents and professional contracts. Prepare reports and remittance for payroll deductions, including, but not limited to, bonds, liens, union dues, and United Way.
- Assist with performing all activities necessary to closeout a calendar year and fiscal year, including but not limited to preparation of all applicable reports and generation of W-2s.
- Support efforts to timely file and pay all taxes and returns, including but not limited to, local earned income taxes, 941 Social Security and Federal Withholding, PA State Income Tax, Unemployment Tax, EMS Tax, Retirement Distribution, etc.
- Serve as a resource to division directors, supervisors, and other administrators, as well as, local school districts, in analyzing payroll problems or questions.
- Review, analyze, and check payroll reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections through journal entries or other established procedures.
- Research and respond to employee and/or other governmental body (i.e. IRS) requests for historical payroll data.
- Makes recommendations and provides information/data to supervisor and other administrators for necessary changes within area of responsibility.
This position will be working in Norristown/Chester Upland.
Monday-Friday, 7.0 hours/day, 12 months (260-262 days/year)
$58,919/year - $69,317/year
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 704). Please contact the Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit /Chester Upland School District
||Norristown & Chester Upland, PA
||$58,919/year - $69,317/year
|Posting Start Date:
- Associates/BS Degree in general field preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in any specialized area required as part of the job functions.
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Professional approach to their work that includes very strong customer service skills.
- Strong Technology skills, including extensive use of Microsoft applications as well as MCIU software.
- Specialized skills in area to be able to work autonomously as proven through work experience.
- Experience in school accounting preferred.
- Experience in non-profit environment preferred.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting standards.
- Ability to use technology to gain information and communicate with others.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work effectively with people.
- Ability to work under stress and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to schedule time to meet deadlines, to communicate effectively, and to read and analyze written and verbal information.
- Valid Driver's License, with a safe driving record without major traffic violations.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
||This listing expires on: 9/5/2021