General Ledger Accountant
A vacancy exists for a General Ledger Accountant
to work within the Office of Business Services at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit/Chester Upland School District! The General Ledger Accountant provides accounting support services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze and assure accuracy of general ledger account activity on a regular basis.
- Monitor and assure proper accounting and account code reporting for all revenue and expenditure accounts.
- Coordinate month-end and year-end closing activities, including but not limited to, preparing necessary journal entries, analyzing accounts, posting cash receipts/revenue to proper accounts, etc.
- Prepare the District Annual Financial Report according to stated timelines.
- Prepare monthly Treasurer's Report and Treasurer's Report Addendum.
- Assist with District cash management activities, including transferring of funds with appropriate approvals.
- Assist with preparing the monthly bank reconciliations, including but not limited to, calculating the outstanding payroll and accounts payable checks, validating wire transactions, etc.
- Assist with the gathering of data for local, state, and federal audit activities, including but not limited to preparing audit documentation, compensated absence reporting, etc.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all ancillary accounts.
- Monitor, post, and review procurement card transactions to ensure compliance with policy.
- Ensure compliance with GASB standards for District reporting.
- Maintain the Business Services Procedures Manual.
- Maintain financial system of fixed assets and inventory control.
- Make recommendations and provide information/data to supervisor and other administrators for necessary changes within area of responsibility.
- Actively model the mission, values, and operating principles of the MCIU.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff members, as needed, including, but not limited to accounts payable activities, receptionist duties, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Business Services Administrative team.
This position will be working in Norristown/Chester Upland.
Monday-Friday, 7.0 hours/day, 12 months (260-262 days/year)
$58,919/year - $69,317/year
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 702). Please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
General Ledger Accountant
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit /Chester Upland School District
||Norristown & Chester Upland, PA
||$58,919/year - $69,317/year
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 2-4 years' related work experience preferred.
- Experience in school accounting and/or non-profit environment preferred.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting standards.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications .
- Ability to operate office equipment and use computer technology efficiently.
- Must be a proficient typist, know how to format business reports, and must appropriately handle confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions and exercise good judgement in prioritizing tasks.
- Valid Driver's License, with a safe driving record without major traffic violations.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
||This listing expires on: 9/5/2021
|| Send to Friend|
|| Return to Job Search|
|| Post a Position|
Montgomery County Intermediate Unit /Chester Upland School District
2 W Lafayette Street
Norristown & Chester Upland, PA 19401