Data Services Assistant
A vacancy exists for a Data Services Assistant to work within the Office of Technology Services at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit! The Data Services Assistant assists the Data Team with related duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located in Norristown, PA.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day, 12 months (260-262 days/year)
$38,321/year - $45,084/year
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, a regional educational service agency, provides dynamic, visionary leadership and effective, efficient services for constituent school districts, schools and students.
Why Should You Apply?
- Serve as a liaison with programs, secretaries, and service providers to ensure accuracy of data entry and reporting requirements.
- Verify data congruency between multiple systems by running validation reports, researching and resolving errors, and compiling reports.
- Assist with account maintenance, communication, and basic troubleshooting of IU databases and software systems.
- Assist with the tracking of budgets and resolve data entry errors for billing.
- Support the Data Team in verifying, updating, and maintaining student data as required for local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Facilitate ongoing data trainings for current and new systems; provide guidance to program staff and service providers; participate in data meetings at the program, team, and organizational level.
- Perform program specific duties including collecting and maintaining program data, assisting program staff, entering service data, generating and reviewing reports, responding to program inquiries, and performing other support functions as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the systems.
- Maintain system end-user documentation and business rules.
- Maintain current knowledge and a base understanding of internal and external client systems and new technologies.
- Preserve and maintain good relationships with MCIU and District, technical staff, vendors, statewide counterparts and representatives of the state-reporting program.
- Provide regular status reports on current projects and initiatives to the Data Systems Program Administrator.
- Project a positive image of the IU and its programs and services.
- Serve as a back-up and support to other OTS staff members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Data Systems Program Administrator and/or OTS Director.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 684). Please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance coverage.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Participation in PSERS (Public School Employees’ Retirement System).
- Paid time off benefits.
Data Services Assistant
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
||$38,321/year - $45,084/year
|Posting Start Date:
- HS Diploma or equivalent; Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in any specialized area required as part of the job functions.
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Professional approach to their work that includes very strong customer service skills.
- Strong Technology skills, including extensive use of Microsoft applications as well as MCIU software.
- Specialized skills in area to be able to work autonomously as proven through work experience.
- Knowledge of PIMS, Cognos, Data Governance, Child Accounting/Child Count, MS Office Suite, and Relational Databases.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work effectively with people.
- Ability to work under stress and with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to schedule time to meet deadlines, to communicate effectively, and to read and analyze written and verbal information.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
||This listing expires on: 8/27/2021