Effective July 1, 2021, a vacancy for a Transportation Supervisor in the Norristown Area School District.
Apply here: https://nasd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=723
SUMMARY: The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the administration and operation of the district’s transportation department and will serve as the liaison between Norristown Area School District and contracted transportation companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that the NASD student transportation program conforms to all state laws and regulations regarding school transportation, including but not limited to employee clearances, safety standards, and insurance regulations.
- Manages the agreements and the relationships with the various contracted carriers
- In coordination with the primary contracted transportation company, monitor routes to ensure that services and costs are appropriate.
- Regularly monitors load and route conditions and recommends/makes appropriate schedule changes.
- In coordination with the contracted transportation companies, maintains a direct line of communication with school principals and administration in regard to transportation, service, and student discipline.
- Coordinate with the contractors, interfaces between drivers/aides relating to student discipline, child care assignments and/or verification, and bus stop assignments on routes.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate responses to complaints and inquiries from parents and staff members.
- Oversee the resolution of transportation disputes and prompt and appropriate responses to complaints and special inquiries from parents, caregivers, community members, and staff members.
- Coordinates activity/route assignments/communication related to the transportation of homeless students and students attending outside placements.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates district transportation personnel and provides feedback about contracted personnel to the carrier.
- Conducts and arranges for in-service and staff development programs for district transportation personnel and works collaboratively with contracted carriers to plan and coordinate training for their contracted staff
- Manages the fleet of vehicles and develops plans for preventative maintenance.
- Maintains an updated collection of resource materials relating to PennDOT regulations, operating regulations, vehicle code changes, safety equipment for students and vehicles, and forms of operation for dissemination and use as requested.
- Responsible for checking roads on inclement weather days.
- Works with the contracted transportation companies, Director of Operations, and other stakeholders to compile transportation benchmarks and goals and works with the team to ensure they are met.
- In coordination with the contracted transportation companies, assist with coordinating a proper driver training and safety program for transportation personnel. For example, collecting data from key stakeholders (special education, principals, etc.) and relay information to the contracted transportation company to ensure appropriate annual training occurs.
- Work cooperatively with the contracted transportation companies and Director of Operations to ensure all appropriate data is collected and submitted for subsidy and other required purposes.
- Develop and recommend transportation policies that will support and ensure the operation of a safe and efficient system.
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process for all District drivers and aides.
- Maintain a list of all district employees and subcontracted employees eligible to drive a district vehicle or personal vehicle for district business and forward it to each building and program administrator.
- Conduct all Motor Vehicle Record checks, at least once a year, for all district employees and subcontracted employees who are eligible to drive a district vehicle or personal vehicle for district business.
- Performs such other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and/or the Chief Financial Officer.
12 Month Position- Prorate accordingly
(Determined by years of experience in position or greater)
2021-2022 salary schedule
|0 - 5 Years $99,693.42
|06 -10 Years $103,046.90
|11-15 Years $106,400.37
|16-20 Years $109,753.84
|21-24 Years $113,107.32
|25+ Years $116,460.79
The Norristown Area School District is equal opportunity employment, educational, and service organization.
||Norristown Area SD
||Determined by years of experience in position or greater
|Posting Start Date:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in business, public administration, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in school transportation in a Pennsylvania School District or Intermediate Unit or related field.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with computer-based route planning and related software.
- Preferred, but not required, Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with all appropriate endorsement required to operate a school bus in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Knowledge and experience related to route scheduling, driver training, and the needs of exceptional children.
||This listing expires on: 6/3/2021