Vacancies exist for two (2) Accounting Specialists to work within the Office of Business Services at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit! The Accouting Specialist positions will support Early Learning programs as well as grants through non-public schools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare all federal and state reports within mandated timelines, including but not limited to, federal program interim & final reports, State interim & final reports, etc.
- Maintain project files for all grant/special funding sources.
- Submit revenue reimbursement requests in a timely manner for all funding sources.
- Develop and monitor program budgets.
- Prepare documents for audit purposes and maintain detailed audit files throughout the year.
- Completion of grant proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Prepare special projects, unit cost calculations, etc. for programs and services.
- Review general ledger activity to ensure proper revenues/expenses are properly accounted for on a monthly basis.
- Make recommendations and provide information/data to supervisor and other administrators for necessary changes within area of responsibility.
- Actively model the mission, values, and operating principles of the MCIU.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff members, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Business Services Administrative team.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located in Norristown, PA.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day, 12 months (260-261 days/year)
$45,951/year - $54,060/year
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 663). Please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
||$45,951/year - $54,060/year
|Posting Start Date:
- Associates/BS Degree in general field preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in any specialized area required as part of the job functions.
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Professional approach to their work that includes very strong customer service skills.
- Strong Technology skills, including extensive use of Microsoft applications as well as MCIU software.
- Specialized skills in area to be able to work autonomously as proven through work experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting standards.
- Ability to use technology to gain information and communicate with others.
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal directions as given by Supervisor. Ability to follow through to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision. Ability to schedule time to meet deadlines to work independently.
- Ability to read, write, do math, and make work-related decisions.
- Ability to perform tasks repeatedly to the satisfaction of immediate Supervisor. Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be courteous and able to deal effectively with staff, students, and public. Must be cooperative, congenial, and service-oriented.
- Visual acuity to read computer screen and see figures to do detail work.
- Auditory acuity to be able to effectively use telephone system.
- Manual dexterity to do data entry and email functions and use computer.
- Ability to sit at desk for extended periods.
- Repetitive movements of hands and fingers necessary for computer work.
- Occasional lifting - up to 60 pounds.
- Occasional carrying - up to 30 pounds.
- Valid Driver's License, with a safe driving record without major traffic violations
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, the Child Abuse Registry and PDE FBI
||This listing expires on: 8/27/2021