Program Administrator, College and Career Readiness
A vacancy exists for a Program Administrator, College and Career Readiness to work within the Office of Student Services at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit! The Program Administrator, College and Career Readiness oversees programming for post-secondary success within the Office of Student Services (OSS). This includes providing leadership and expertise in professional learning and instructional programming focused on career and education planning, career pathways, and workforce development. The Program Administrator will directly supervise staff in OSS as it pertains to the College and Career Readiness programming and workforce development for youth and young adults, while providing evaluation support to all certified educators in the appropriate certifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Valid Pennsylvania Supervisory Level Certificate in appropriate field(s) of expertise and/or a valid Pennsylvania Elementary and Secondary Principal certificate.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience as a professional educator with demonstrated expertise in career planning or workforce development or management experience in the area of workforce development; administrative experience preferred.
- Expertise in the areas of K-12 College and Career Readiness program planning and young adult workforce development.
- Advanced Degree in education or related field.
- Experience working effectively and cooperatively with administration, parents, and professional and non-professional staff within the educational and workforce development community.
- Ability to supervise and work effectively and cooperatively with administrative, professional, and non-professional staff.
- Proficiency in the use of technology for individual communication and research.
- Employs qualities of leadership, good oral and written communication skills; demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Possesses effective interpersonal skills with the ability to interface diplomatically with educators, administrators, parents, students, support staff, and outside professional contacts.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located in Norristown, PA.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day, 12 months (260-261 days/year)
$104,690/year - $123,165/year
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, a regional educational service agency, provides dynamic, visionary leadership and effective, efficient services for constituent school districts, schools and students.
Why Should You Apply?
- Organize and monitor assigned programs for quality and effectiveness.
- Oversee and is accountable for assigned budgets and grants to ensure program expenses are appropriate and do not exceed funding.
- Maintain and upgrade professional skills and knowledge through professional growth and development.
- Seek grants and develop programs that may financially assist and promote the MCIU or OSS goals.
- Supervise assigned certified staff as assigned in OSS, including the selection/hiring, transferring/ promotions, and evaluations/disciplinary process based on MCIU policies and procedures, certification guidelines, state initiatives, and best practices.
- Recruit, supervise, and evaluate non-professional employees within the assigned program(s) based on MCIU policies and procedures, state initiatives, and best practices.
- Represent the MCIU in local, state and national professional organizations including presenting information relative to PDE, special education, and regular education initiatives as assigned by the Director.
- Work cooperatively with business, community, administration, parents, professionals, paraprofessionals, and support personnel in school districts, agencies, and MCIU programs.
- Provide training and support to school districts, non-public schools, IU personnel, and parents relative to all related state and federal mandates, and MCIU programs.
- Create and follow standard formats related to communication and data collection.
- Communicate regularly and collaborate with OSS staff and supervisors, school district administration and staff, non-public school administration and staff, MCIU personnel, and other agencies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director for Program Development.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 668).
Please contact the Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance coverage.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Participation in PSERS (Public School Employees’ Retirement System).
- Paid time off benefits.
Program Administrator, College and Career Readiness
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit #23
||$104,690/year - $123,165/year
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 5/30/2021