Program Director of Technology - Bucks IU #22
The Program Director of Technology directs programs and services in the areas of administrative and instructional technology. The Program Director of Technology oversees the information technology services provided to internal stakeholders by the staff of the Technology Services Department, as well as through contracted services such as SystemsNet and other contracted vendors. The Program Director of Technology also oversees the Technology Services to External stakeholders (such as School Districts, Career and Technology Centers (CTCs), as well as other Schools), for a variety of consulting services, consortium services, and other technology services. The Program Director of Technology is responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of all networked devices, including servers, desktops, laptops, and communication systems. The Program Director of Technology oversees the installation, use, maintenance, upgrading, troubleshooting, and repair of the Bucks IU’s computer systems, devices, technical infrastructure, and related networks.
- Defines, architects, and executes the technology strategic planning for operational and instructional technology projects both in terms of infrastructure requirements and end user functionality
- Supervises all areas of technology including software platforms, hardware, systems administration, mobile and wireless, security, customer support services, telephone, and network infrastructure
- Coordinates resources, timelines, and personnel for the effective implementation and maintenance of operational and instructional technology functions
- Collaborates with the Administrators and Supervisors in all divisions of Bucks IU to integrate technology effectively into the instructional programs and support departments
- Supports effective online and blended learning options for students with a variety of special learning and accessibility needs
- Supervises the Supervisor of External Technology Services, as well as all technology department staff, and provides overall support and management of the Technology Services Department
- Develops, implements, and monitors the Technology Department budgets, including special budgets for various consortiums and projects, for the effective operation of all technology programs and services
- Assists in development of financial planning strategies to support the technology strategic planning, including but not limited to managing the E-rate process
- Supervises all technology purchases and, when necessary, develops bid or RFP specifications for the purchase process
- Coordinates instructional software purchases and implementation plans in collaboration with the other divisional and departmental supervisors and administrators
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with vendors and consultants that support efficient, cost-effective services to Bucks IU, and our external client Schools, CTCs and Districts
- Provides leadership in the development and enforcement of technology policies and procedures, ensuring that they reflect current laws and technology practices
- Provides leadership in the communication of technology initiatives with administration, staff, parents, students, school board, and community
- Develops, executes, and manages internal network controls; emergency and backup procedures; software licensing; updates and upgrades; and disaster recovery.
- Plans and coordinates technology upgrades in support of building renovation projects
- Participates in professional growth opportunities to remain current in business, instructional and network technologies
- Implements professional growth opportunities for all technology staff to provide effective, efficient services to the district
- Incorporates innovative new products and systems into instructional practice and operations
- Collaborates with technology colleagues in the county to share best practices and effective technology strategies
- Attends and contributes to Administrative Cabinet meetings with the other IU leaders. Attends, participates in, and coordinates the technology needs of the Board of Directors’ meetings
- Coordinates the design, purchase, installation, configuration, and maintenance of local and region area network hardware, software, and infrastructure including all servers, cabling, hubs, switches, routers, and related devices.
- Performs Information Technology needs analyses and takes related actions to proactively advance the state of Information Technology at the Bucks IU.
- Coordinates the development and execution of a Regional Wide Area Network (RWAN) and computing infrastructure plan with a vision for expanding the network in cooperation with the leadership of the constituent Districts, CTCs and Schools.
- Manages IT projects within expected budgets and timelines.
- Coordinates the deployment of hardware, software, updates, upgrades, and service packs ensuring optimal use of resources.
- Coordinates the technology help desk and related help desk technician caseloads.
- Maintains up-to-date network maps; maintains accurate documentation for all network systems and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Operations in advising and making recommendations to the Bucks IU’s Executive Cabinet, Administrative Cabinet, and Technology Advisory Council for a wide variety of technical needs and issues.
- Manages and provides onsite and remote technical support; manages and provides emergency on-call technical support.
- Develops and implements district and intermediate unit strategic and technology planning.
- Leads and participates in grant writing initiatives.
- Actively markets technology projects/services/initiatives.
- Actively promotes and proudly represents Pennsylvania, Bucks County, the Intermediate Unit, and its constituent districts at the local, state, national, and international conferences and workshops.
- Pursues initiatives and partnerships related to educational technology in an effort to increase revenue.
- Manages and provides technical support for the meeting rooms, video conferencing, satellite feeds, video distributions, and basic equipment operations, as necessary.
Other Duties: This position description does not express, nor does it imply that the above duties are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent(s) in this position. Additional duties may be assigned by the Administrator of the department, as needed, to adapt to the changing needs of the organization.
Supervisory Responsibility: The Program Director of Technology Services supervises the Supervisor of External Technology Services, and the team members of the Technology Services Department within the Division of Operations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may be required to stand for long periods, and to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, 260-day calendar position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Hours of work are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Hours are dependent on the needs of the districts. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel: Travel throughout the county may be required.
Program Director of Technology - Bucks IU #22
||Bucks County Intermediate Unit #22
|Posting Start Date:
Education and Experience:
- Level of Degree: Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Information Management Systems or related field or equivalent professional experience. Technical certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, or related areas are preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience, preferably in an academic or Intermediate Unit setting.
- A minimum of 8 years of information technology experience, preferably in roles of increased responsibility.
- Excellent management, organizational, planning and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to translate vision across departments and divisions within the Bucks IU, aligning projects through collaboration and effective communication.
- Financial skills including budgeting, forecasting, and justifying costs. Experience managing large department budgets, including salaries and contracted solutions.
- Analytical mindset to develop and utilize reliable metrics
- In-depth knowledge of local and wide area network infrastructure design, management, operations, and administration, TCP/IP, switched Ethernet, network management software, multi-protocol network administration, Windows, and Linux.
- In depth knowledge of network-based applications, software, and hardware solutions.
- Technical aptitude for computer equipment, especially relating to networks servers, user devices, and Windows Operating Systems.
- Two or more years’ experience in direct responsibility for local and wide area network infrastructures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and present demonstration material to groups and individuals.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable): Citizenship or work authorization to work in the United States required.
EEO/AA/VEVRAA Employer: The Bucks IU is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Bucks IU does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
||This listing expires on: 6/6/2021