Early Learning Accounting Specialist
A vacancy exists for an Early Learning Accounting Specialist to work within the Office of Business Services at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit! The Early Learning Accounting Specialist will provide accounting support services for early childhood programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Early Childhood Accounting Support
- No post-secondary degree required; Associates/BS Degree in general field preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in any specialized area required as part of the job functions.
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Professional approach to their work that includes very strong customer service skills.
- Strong Technology skills, including extensive use of Microsoft applications as well as MCIU software.
- Specialized skills in area to be able to work autonomously as proven through work experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting standards.
- Ability to use technology to gain information and communicate with others.
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal directions as given by Supervisor. Ability to follow through to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision. Ability to schedule time to meet deadlines to work independently.
- Ability to read, write, do math, and make work-related decisions.
- Ability to perform tasks repeatedly to the satisfaction of immediate Supervisor. Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be courteous and able to deal effectively with staff, students, and public. Must be cooperative, congenial, and service-oriented.
- Visual acuity to read computer screen and see figures to do detail work.
- Auditory acuity to be able to effectively use telephone system.
- Manual dexterity to do data entry and email functions and use computer.
- Ability to sit at desk for extended periods.
- Repetitive movements of hands and fingers necessary for computer work.
- Occasional lifting - up to 60 pounds.
- Occasional carrying - up to 30 pounds.
- Valid Driver's License, with a safe driving record without major traffic violations
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, the Child Abuse Registry and PDE FBI
- Prepare all federal and state reports within mandated timelines, including but not limited to, federal program interim & final reports, State interim & final reports, etc.
- Maintain project files for all grant/special funding sources.
- Submit revenue reimbursement requests in a timely manner for all funding sources.
- Develop and monitor program budgets for all Early Childhood programs.
- Prepare documents for audit purposes and maintain detailed audit files throughout the year.
- Completion of grant proposals for new funding opportunities.
- Prepare special projects, unit cost calculations, etc for Early Childhood programs and services.
- Review general ledger activity to ensure proper revenues/expenses are properly accounted for on a monthly basis.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located in Norristown, PA.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day, 12 months (260-261 days/year)
$45,951/year - $54,060/year
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, a regional educational service agency, provides dynamic, visionary leadership and effective, efficient services for constituent school districts, schools and students.
Why Should You Apply?
- Make recommendations and provide information/data to supervisor and other administrators for necessary changes within area of responsibility.
- Actively model the mission, values, and operating principles of the MCIU.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff members, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Business Services Administrative team.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 663).
Please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance coverage.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
- Participation in PSERS (Public School Employees’ Retirement System).
- Paid time off benefits.
Early Learning Accounting Specialist
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit #23
||$45,951/year - $54,060/year
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 5/21/2021