Reports To: Coordinator of Transportation
Takes Direction From: Coordinator of Transportation
Schedule/Calendar: 7.5 hours/day 37.5 hours/week 261 days/year
Summary: Under the direction of the Coordinator of Transportation, the Transportation Dispatcher directs, plans, coordinates, and ensures the safe and timely transportation of all student transportation programs, and in the scheduling and assigning of bus and van drivers. The Transportation Dispatcher also interacts with the public to support the efficient operation of the transportation department.
- Maintain bus routes and student data in routing program; monitor, update and ensure the accuracy of all system data
- Schedules and coordinates the daily transportation of all district public school students. Additionally coordinates all transportation for special needs students to out-of-district schools and programs.
- Schedules and coordinates all district sponsored extracurricular trips, including, but not limited to athletics, music, and Special Education work studies..
- Schedules and coordinates all community events requiring district vehicles.
- Prepare maps and instructions for extracurricular trips and any events that require district vehicles.
- Advise drivers concerning issues they encounter on bus routes.
- Directs, plans and schedules the daily activities and assignments of all drivers and aides, including substitute drivers and aides.
- Monitor and communicate effectively through two-way radio systems and telephones.
- Coordinates with the Technician Supervisor on the daily schedule of spare vehicles replacing regular out of service vehicles.
- Contact emergency services regarding vehicle collisions.
- Communicates daily with district personnel, including school principals, teachers, coaches, special education supervisors and district parents on transportation related matters.
- Assists the Routing Specialists with planning and scheduling bus routes as needed.
- Attends all in-service training meetings as required by the district and/or department.
- Responds to parents and district personnel on student transportation questions.
- Demonstrates and maintains professionalism at all times when dealing with students, parents, and District personnel including administrators, school staff and fellow employees.
- Works effectively as a team member within the department and across the district.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending conferences and training.
- Maintains accurate documentation of worked time via electronic timekeeping system timesheets.
- Practices ethical and professional standards of conduct, including the requirements of confidentiality regarding student and personnel information.
- Abides by all district and departmental policies and regulations as written.
- Drives a school bus or van, as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
||North Penn School District
|Posting Start Date:
Education and/or Certification Required:
- High school diploma or Equivalent
- Pennsylvania CDL Drivers’ License, Class B with School Bus and Air Brake endorsement preferred or ability to obtain
- Pennsylvania School Bus Instructor or Instructor Coordinator preferred
- Transportation Supervisory or Management experience preferred
- Computer experience required
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations related to pupil transportation
- Knowledge of methods, practices and procedures of dispatching transportation vehicles
- Knowledge of streets and roads within District boundaries and trip destinations
- Knowledge and skills applicable to transportation computer routing and GPS software
- Knowledge of Infinite Campus student data systems preferred
- Knowledge of school operation
- Skills in the areas of organization, attention to details, problem solving, and commitment to follow through on tasks
- High-level of computer proficiency and application of technology including Google Suite and Excel
- Excellent communication skills - both in oral and written forms of English
- Ability to learn the streets and road to out-of-district trip destinations
- Ability to communicate specifically with drivers via two-way radio system regarding routes, emergencies and student issues
- Ability to follow established district procedures and policies
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner both orally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team
- Ability to handle confidential information in an ethical manner
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively district personnel and public including parents
- Ability to create and maintain accurate records
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively, exercise judgment and creativity, organize work, set priorities, and meet deadline
- Ability to work under pressure with constant interruptions and competing demands
Apply online: https://www.applitrack.com/npenn/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Service+Workers#
||This listing expires on: 6/7/2021