Chief Operations Officer
POSITION: Chief Operations Officer
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
The Chester Upland School District is committed to providing all students the opportunity to achieve excellence in the four A's: Academics, Athletics, Arts, and Activities.
The Extended Executive Cabinet continues to build a talented and committed team to ensure all students are prepared to graduate from Chester Upland schools career and college ready! The C.O.R.E.
is the foundation for which our district stands:
Children First: The well being and continuous learning of every child will drive decisions.
One Chester Upland: With dedicated community of partners, parents/guardians, students and staff, we will excel, united as One Chester Upland.
Reimagining: Through a mode of continuous improvement, we will apply four important levers for change, collaboration, capacity building, deepening knowledge of pedagogy, and focusing direction to improve outcomes for all.
Equity, Excellence, and Emotional Intelligence: We will ensure equitable access to a quality education that includes emotional intelligence and leads to excellence across all opportunities and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, or Public Administration, or related field coupled with at least 5 years of experience in comparable role required.
- Five years of relevant experience with at least five years of management experience in policy making.
- Previous experience working for a school district or public organization is preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Advanced knowledge of school finance and budgeting.
- Knowledge of information/data processing systems and financial applications.
- Familiar with PA Public School Code of 1949 as amended.
- Proven project management, planning and forecasting skills.
- Experience implementing policies and procedures.
- Experience overseeing custodial functions and facility maintenance.
- Highly developed organizational skills that resulted in the efficient utilization of staff and their continuing professional development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively engage a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to represent the District internally and externally in a manner that supports the District's values, mission statement, and standards of professional conduct.
- Ability to solve problems within a fast-paced and complex environment.
The following essential duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required for this position.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Provide leadership for the respective functions mentioned above to include direct supervision of the functional head as well as overall planning, organizing, directing, budgeting, and staffing for the function.
2. Oversee the day-to-day activities of functional groups within Operations, which includes facilities, maintenance, custodial services, school safety, transportation, and food services.
3. Develop and monitor the implementation of the District's Facilities Master Plan.
4. Build and lead an effective and cohesive Operations management team.
5. Monitor Operations performance and provide updates to the Receiver, Superintendent, and Board of Directors, as appropriate.
6. Analyze operational performance and assist operational units with implementing corrective actions to meet operational unit objectives.
7. Oversee the development and implementation of operational systems that will help the District grow and deliver its services more efficiently.
8. Work cohesively with other members of the Executive Cabinet to serve the interests of the District.
9. Act as liaison with the Board, other divisions of the District, and other agencies and organizations on matters related to facilities, construction management, transportation, food service, safety and maintenance.
10. Determine best use/configuration of existing school buildings throughout the District.
11. Develop and recommend staffing levels, operational procedures, and fiscal prudence around the cleaning of the school facilities and the heating and lighting of those facilities.
12. Remain knowledgeable of emerging developments in administrative functions and school construction management through participation in workshops, conferences, seminars, and literature.
13. Keep abreast of pertinent legal, regulatory, and administrative developments that impact the school district.
14. Participate in other activities at the pleasure of the Receiver, Superintendent, and/or Board of Directors.
Commensurate with experience
The information in this job description is for compliance with the Chester Upland School District Board Policy and the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.). It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and qualifications for the position. The incumbent may perform or be assigned other duties.
- Receipt of a completed application, resume and cover letter
- A minimum of three current written letters of reference from previous or current directors, principal, and supervisors
- Personal interview(s)
Chief Operations Officer
||Chester Upland School
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 5/21/2021