Human Resources Administrative Assistant
A vacancy exists for an Administrative Assistant
to work within the Office of Human Resources
at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit! The Administrative Assistant for Human Resources is responsible for providing administrative support, maintaining data integrity in all human resources information system (HRIS) records, systems, applications, and databases, as well as providing compliance support. This is a full-time position.
- No post-secondary degree required; Associates/BS Degree in general field preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in administrative support, preferably in a Human Resources environment.
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Specialized skills in area to be able to work autonomously as proven through work experience.
- Very professional approach to their work that includes very strong customer service skills.
- Very strong technology skills, including extensive use of Microsoft applications as well as MCIU software.
- Ability to operate office equipment and use computer technology efficiently.
- Must be a proficient typist, know how to format business correspondence/reports, and must appropriately handle confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions and exercise good judgement in prioritizing tasks.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit is located at 2 W. Lafayette St. Norristown, PA 19401.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day, 12 months (260-261 days/year)
$53,060/year - $62,424/year
The Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, a regional educational service agency, provides dynamic, visionary leadership and effective, efficient services for constituent school districts, schools and students.
Why Should You Apply?
Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance coverage.
Eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
Participation in PSERS (Public School Employees’ Retirement System).
Paid time off benefits.
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted online at www.mciu.org/jobs (Job ID: 659).
Please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com or 610-755-9307 if you have any questions or need assistance.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
||$53,060/year - $62,424/year
|Posting Start Date:
||Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary HR contact supporting our employees with general HR inquiries and assistance; delegate out inquiries to other colleagues as needed.
- Process all personnel actions for presentation to the IU Board of Directors as well as internal distribution. Prepare monthly Board Reports, create agenda, assist in preparation of narrative, coordinate board action of supplemental contracts, board letters, agreements, etc.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date human resource functional departmental documentation, standard operating procedures, as well as a comprehensive reports library; research and create workflows to ensure successful implementation of departmental processes; identify commonly recurring inquiries for which answers should be posted to our intranet sites and external sites, FAQs, etc.
- Prepare and process purchase orders, invoices, reconciliation of procurement card purchases; assist with monitoring HR budget.
- Update and maintain all HR calendars, remind of appropriate deadlines and/or due dates; develop and monitor project timelines and communicate to all necessary departments.
- Arrange appointments, meetings, travel, and conferences as appropriate. Schedule in-person and/or online room(s) and arrange for room set-up.
- Maintain and update personnel data in all human resources information system (HRIS) records, systems, applications, and databases.
- Track and monitor annual HR office memberships, conferences, etc.
- Work closely together with the human resources team to provide a yearly new staff orientation to all new hires, develop and implement a mid-year new staff orientation, and assist with planning employee recognition events, employee engagement events, service rewards, recruitment fairs, and other HR events, etc.
- Coordinate new teacher induction, including assigning mentors, tracking deadlines and due dates, and providing overall induction program support.
- Serve as a backup to other Human Resources staff during periods of absence or peak periods and assist with tasks when deadlines require.
- Project a positive image of the IU and its programs and services. Maintain a positive working relationship with IU staff, district staff, Board Members, PDE, parents, government officials and a wide variety of service agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- Maintain certification/licensure records for all staff, track and monitor expiration and renewal dates, assist staff in securing permanent certification/licensure, and adding additional certifications/licensure.
- Track and monitor all staff performance evaluations.
- Track and monitor clearances for staff and contractors, renewal cycles, etc.
- Track and monitor mandated employee trainings (e.g. Act 126, Act 71, Act 44, etc.).
- Maintain all HR forms, including reviewing and revising forms as needed.
- Tuition reimbursement and dues/licensure administration, including acting as initial reviewer of all submissions for approval, facilitate receipt of documentation, act as liaison with Accounts Payable/Payroll, bring forward issues to Director of HR, and track and monitor tuition reimbursement costs for purposes of reviewing for budget purposes and labor negotiations.
- Process and complete unemployment documentation on a timely basis; report out on unemployment claims on a quarterly basis.
- Support internal and external audits by pulling documentation and testing selections; as well as recommending process improvements that might yield to improved audit findings.
- Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audit Forms I-9.
- Provide support with completing employment verification inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
||This listing expires on: 9/12/2021