Seeking strong leader to direct and supervise all payroll operations of approx. 2,000 employees by managing, developing, implementing, and maintaining all payroll processes, procedures, reporting, maintaining records and supervising payroll staff in daily tasks and responsibilities. This is a full-time supervisory position.
||Bethlehem Area School District
||Commensurate with Experience
|Posting Start Date:
- Five (5) years experience in direct in-house payroll processing, to include a minimum of two (2) years at a Supervisory level.
- Complete understanding of local, state and federal taxation, pension and reporting requirements.
- Intermediate level accounting necessary, specifically Payroll Balance Sheet reconciliations and journal entries.
- Demonstrated Leadership and Management experience.
- Proficient in Excel and Access (lookups, pivot tables and formulas), intermediate skills required in other Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively work with large data sets.
- School District payroll experience, knowledge of PSERS and IU16 Software a plus.
Must be dependable, able to work independently and within a team, communicate clearly, concisely and effectively, be detail oriented, highly organized, have strong customer service skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- Payroll certification a plus.
Deadline Date: April 15, 2021
How to Apply:
All applicants, internal and external, are to submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
As an equal rights and opportunities agency, the Bethlehem Area School District will not discriminate in its
educational programs, activities, or employment practices, based on race, color, national origin, sex,
disability, age, religion, ancestry, or any other legally protected classification. Announcement of this policy
is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
||This listing expires on: 4/15/2021