Chief Financial Officer
The Chester Upland School District is committed to providing all students the opportunity to achieve excellence in the four A's: Academics, Athletics, Arts, and Activities.
The Extended Executive Cabinet continues to build a talented and committed team to ensure all students are prepared to graduate from Chester Upland schools career and college ready! The C.O.R.E.
is the foundation for which our district stands:
Children First: The well being and continuous learning of every child will drive decisions.
One Chester Upland: With dedicated community of partners, parents/guardians, students and staff, we will excel, united as One Chester Upland.
Reimagining: Through a mode of continuous improvement, we will apply four important levers for change, collaboration, capacity building, deepening knowledge of pedagogy, and focusing direction to improve outcomes for all.
Equity, Excellence, and Emotional Intelligence: We will ensure equitable access to a quality education that includes emotional intelligence and leads to excellence across all opportunities and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or other related field coupled with at least 5 years of experience in comparable role required. Masters Degree in Finance or Business preferred.
- Five years of relevant experience with at least five years of management experience in policy making.
- Previous experience working for a school district or public organization is preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Advanced knowledge of school finance, budgeting, and accounting systems.
- Knowledge of information/data processing systems and financial applications.
- Familiar with PA Public School Code of 1949 as amended.
- Strong understanding of internal controls.
- Proven project management, planning and forecasting skills.
- Experience managing budgets and personnel.
- Experience implementing policies and procedures.
- Experience overseeing custodial functions and facility maintenance.
- Highly developed organizational skills that resulted in the efficient utilization of staff and their continuing professional development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively engage a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to represent the District internally and externally in a manner that supports the District's values, mission statement, and standards of professional conduct.
- Ability to solve problems within a fast-paced and complex environment.
The following essential duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required for this position.
- Ensure preparation and integrity of all district general accounting records and related financial reports using accepted standards for school accounting as prescribed by Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Develop long-range and short-term objectives for District’s business operations and prepare district budget. Monitor budget variances and oversee budget adjustments.
- Act as financial advisor to the Receiver, Superintendent, and Board of Directors and keep them informed of the financial condition of the district.
- Work with Receiver, Superintendent, and other designees to implement the initiatives in the December 2019 Financial Recovery Plan.
- Maintain the district’s investment portfolio. Supervise and coordinate the investment of all available funds to the best interest of the school district and ensure that these funds are adequately protected against loss at all times.
- Ensure that all financial obligations of the school district (accounts payable, notes payable, bonded indebtedness, and payroll) are met on a timely basis.
- Implement and maintain internal control procedures to ensure the safeguarding of assets and reliability of accounting data and to promote operational efficiency and ensure adherence to prescribed procedures.
- Oversee the auditing program for all district funds and work cooperatively with the district’s independent auditors in conducting periodic audits.
- Administer the business office budget and ensure that programs are cost effective and funds are managed prudently.
- Review and recommend appropriate policies, administrative regulations, and administrative practices for the areas supervised.
- Implement the policies established by federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and local Board policy in the areas assigned.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required including preparing and evaluating monthly/annual financial statements and related budget reports, preparing quarterly and final reports for all federal funds and grants, and filing all required budgets, financial statement, annual financial reports, etc. timely as required by various reporting agencies.
- Follow District safety protocols and emergency procedures.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Attend Receiver’s Meetings and make presentations when appropriate and/or requested.
Commensurate with experience. 12 Month Work Year.
The information in this job description is for compliance with the Chester Upland School District Board Policy and the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.). It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and qualifications for the position. The incumbent may perform or be assigned other duties.
- Receipt of a completed application, resume and cover letter
- A minimum of three current written letters of reference from previous or current directors, principal, and supervisors
- Personal interview(s)
Chief Financial Officer
||Chester Upland School District
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 5/21/2021
|| Send to Friend|
|| Return to Job Search|
|| Post a Position|
Chester Upland School District
232 W. 9th Street Chester, PA 19013
Chester, PA 19013