Supervisor - Food Services
Job Summary: The Food Services Supervisor recommends and administers approved policies and programs in managing and providing general direction to food services throughout the school district. Recommends persons for employment; supervises the work of cafeteria personnel. Recommends the equipment and operating budget; evaluates all phases of food service; and performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Operating Officer. The authority and responsibility of the Food Services Supervisor extend to all personnel and activities of the school district specifically pertaining to food services and such other activities as the Chief Operating Officer may assign.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full-Time with benefits
- 8 hours/day, 260 days/year
- Supervise the food services of the district, cafeterias, food supplies and equipment, satisfying all local, state, and federal requirements.
- Prepare, plans, and standardizes recipes, menus, procedures and techniques for efficient and attractive school cafeterias.
- Recommend the purchase of food supplies and equipment and maintain an up-to-date inventory of food and supplies including monthly inventories and an annual inventory of equipment, and small wares with recommendations for replacement.
- Assist in planning food service facilities.
- Prepare directives for cafeteria personnel developing checklists, work schedules, and reporting procedures.
- Inspect kitchens and cafeterias including sanitary, safety and security features, and submit reports as required by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Oversee the district catering operations.
- Recommend the organization and numerical size of cafeteria staff required meeting the approved objectives of the school district.
- Recommend and administer approved policies and procedures of the school district.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of cafeteria personnel and submit recommendations to the Human Resources Office for hiring, orientation, in service training, promoting, retaining and dismissing members of the staff.
- Counsel with personnel to help them to improve effectiveness in their positions.
- Develop food safety and sanitation procedures. Train staff as needed.
- Develop budget for district food service, and oversee the expenditures of appropriations.
- Study and determine costs for the operation of school district food services.
- Establish and maintain a central reporting, recording, and accounting system for monies received in cooperation with the business office.
- Apply for government reimbursements in a timely manner and maintain all required records pertaining to government programs.
Supervisor - Food Services
||Hempfield School District
|Posting Start Date:
Please apply on our website.
- Three (3) years’ experience managing menu planning, food purchasing, preparation/serving foods in a service situation. At least one (1) year of experience needs to be in a school district.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on institutional administration, dietetics, food or nutrition required.
- Knowledgeable in nutrition, sanitation and food safety
- Knowledge of local and state health laws and regulations is necessary
- Basic accounting skills are necessary
- Submission of pre-employment medical examination (Section 148 of the PA School Code)
||This listing expires on: 4/14/2021