Please CLICK HERE to apply.
SUMMARY: The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the administration and operation of the district’s transportation department and will serve as Liaison between Quakertown Community School District and contracted transportation company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- In coordination with the contracted transportation company, maintains a direct line of communication with school principals and administration in regard to transportation, service, and student discipline.
- In coordination with the contractor, Interfaces between drivers/aides relating to student discipline, child care assignments and/or verifications, and bus stop assignments on routes.
- Works with the contracted transportation company, Chief Operating Officer, and other stakeholders to compile transportation benchmarks and goals, and works with the team to ensure they are met.
- Relay information between drivers, building principals, special education administration, homeless liaison and other school districts and outside placements relating to student transportation.
- In coordination with the contracted transportation company, assist with coordinating a proper driver training and safety program for transportation personnel. For example, collecting data from key stakeholders (special education, principals, etc.) and relay information to the contracted transportation company to ensure appropriate annual training occurs.
- Work cooperatively with the contracted transportation company, and QCSD Finance Director to ensure all appropriate data is collected and submitted for subsidy and other required purposes.
- Develop and recommend transportation policies so as to ensure the operation of a safe and efficient system.
- Recommend policy or practice changes as deemed necessary.
- Schedule and oversee monthly performance reviews of the contractor with building principals, special education department, and business office.
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process for all contracted drivers and aides.
- Work in cooperation with the contracted transportation company and QCSD central administration in creating school boundaries and redistricting.
- Regularly monitor load and route conditions and recommend/make appropriate schedule changes.
- Oversee the resolution of transportation disputes and the prompt and appropriate responses to complaints and special inquiries from parents, caregivers, community members, and staff members.
- Ensures operational compliance with the contracted transportation company and works with the Chief Operating Officer and contractor to ensure services are being met.
- Oversees and ensures that the board approved contract between QCSD and the transportation company maintains standard levels of technology.
- Hear first level grievances relating to the transportation department.
- Oversees and ensures that the contracted transportation company conforms and complies with all state laws and regulations regarding student transportation, including but not limited to, employee clearances, safety standards, and insurance.
- In coordination with human resources, oversee collection of driver qualifications from contractors.
- Oversee and assist the development and administration of a transportation program to meet all the requirements of the daily instructional program, classroom extensions, and extracurricular activities.
- In conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer, prepares and administers the transportation budget including monthly bill reconciliation from the contractor.
- Work towards a transition of routing and bus stop duties from the contracted transportation company to the QCSD Transportation Coordinator to ensure an efficient system that maximizes subsidy.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
No supervision over employees, supervises contract compliance in coordination with COO.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or a related field from an accredited institution preferred. Previous student transportation management preferred but not required. Training will be provided.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Ability to obtain probable cause training and certification.
- Ability to obtain Pennsylvania State Certification for training.
- Ability to obtain PASBO Certificate of Enhanced Qualifications in Transportation
- PA required background checks.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret maps, periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and safety rules. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, peers, and the general public. The ability to exercise confidentiality.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry, and business mathematics. Possess Computer Literacy sufficient to work-process, communicate, and develop reports.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Effective communication and budgetary skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Professional registration through the PA Association of School Business Officials is strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office computer applications used in the transportation department. Transportation software proficiency is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to relate effectively with district employees and parents.
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania laws and regulations as it relates to the transportation of school students, including the reporting requirements under law.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to travel to various school district buildings.Ability to work in an office environment for extended periods of time including, but not limited to, sitting, standing, some lifting, bending, and reaching. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please CLICK HERE to apply.