Applications are currently being accepted through www.21cccs.org/employment.
Posting will close 4/10/2021
Summary of Position:
The School Business Administrator oversees the Financial Operations of 21CCCS including accounting, budget management, fiscal planning and analysis, purchasing, debt management, and payroll and meets related necessary compliance and reporting needs.
This position assists with forecasting, strategic planning, decision-making, data analysis, and risk management.
The Business Administrator will stay current with external political and economic issues that affect the charter school and its operations.
The Administrator will report directly to the 21CCCS Director/CEO, but is expected to interface and work closely with the Board Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, subcommittees, as well as the full Board of Trustees as needed.
Dimensions and Organizational Relationships of Position:
This position reports to the 21CCCS Director/CEO and works closely with the Board of Trustees. The position directly supervises and evaluates assigned project staff. This position works closely with other members of the 21CCCS Administrative Team and project staff personnel on related items and/or functions.
The Administrator must be able to act with minimal direction and make decisions within the parameters of applicable federal and state laws, board policies, and organizational procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Director/CEO to support the school mission, vision and goals. Apply ethical standards to school financial and human resources operations.
- Review and analyze legal and internal requirements and implement policies and procedures necessary relative to financial operations.
- Review and analyze data to assist in developing strategies to support the school mission, vision, goals and strategic planning.
- Attend school board meetings, sub-committee meetings, or other board related meetings and prepare reports or agenda items and respond to requests or directives as needed.
- Attend other school meetings as needed.
- Develop and manage a financial model to monitor and ensure the schools financial health.
- Implement, manage, and evaluate the use of necessary systems, technology, and practices for the most effective and efficient financial operations of the 21CCCS.
- Manage all financial operations and funds using appropriate technology and proper accounting practices, including budget management, accounting, fiscal planning and analysis, purchasing, debt management, billing, and cash management.
- Oversee all aspects of 21CCCS billings including school district billing for student tuition and other miscellaneous billings. Submit subsidy reimbursement requests at year-end to PDE for both non-paying and paying districts by the required due dates.
- Manage 21CCCS accounts receivable including aging, adjustments, and collectability.
- Manage banking operations and transitions as needed including transfers, deposits, payments, credit card processing, financing procurement, and others.
- Complete final processing for all financial transactions and ensure that the required approvals, and accurate documentation and paperwork is received.
- Prepare and submit all financial and child accounting reports required by PDE accurately and on time.
- Stay current with changing guidance of the Government Accounting Standard Board (GASB) and the Statement of Auditing Standards (SAS) and implement new standards as necessary.
- Prepare accounting, budget, board, and other necessary reports.
- Manage state audits of 21CCCS financial, billing and child accounting information filed with PDE. Prepare and assemble all information required and respond to/resolve issues that arise.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of financial audits as required, including a yearly audit performed by a contracted auditing firm.
Coordination with Human Resources Operations
The Business Administrator will work closely with and collaborate with the HR Manager on the following:
- Coordination of benefit plans/budgets.
- Design and implementation of compensation systems, or modifications to the systems, as directed by the board.
- Review of payroll processes. The Business Administrator will approve payroll for all employees in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Coordination of audit processes relative to personnel and payroll.
- Development of a comprehensive risk management program.
- Participates in special projects as assigned by the Director/CEO
- Performs any other tasks or assumes such other responsibilities as the Director/CEO may assign from time to time.
||21st Century Cyber Charter School
||West Chester, PA
|Posting Start Date:
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS
- Proficient to advanced spreadsheet and/or database skills; applied knowledge/experience of an accounting/financial system applicable to a K-12 setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively through letter writing, telephone and e-mail to assist customers as well as coworkers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Finance or a related field is required. CPA and/or MBA and experience as a school business administrator preferred.
- Minimum of three years as a public-school business administrator or equivalent position with direct experience in fund accounting and/or Not for Profit accounting.
- Knowledge of GAAP, FASB and GASB regulations as they relate to the Government sector.
- The candidate must possess leadership skills, supervisory experience and demonstrate professional ethics and interpersonal skills
||This listing expires on: 5/29/2021
|| Send to Friend|
|| Return to Job Search|
|| Post a Position|
21st Century Cyber Charter School
1245 Wrights Lane
West Chester, PA 19380
Lucinda Currie, Human Resources Manager