Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the planning, coordination, and supervision of the operation of the human resources office in such a way as to enhance the working conditions of Northeastern York School District personnel, and to promote the efficiency of the school system. Establish and maintain a quality human resources service system. Recommend actions to the Superintendent for consideration and implementation as relates to all aspects of human resources management.
- Consults with the Central Office Administrative team to carry out assignments, transfers, dismissals, and promotions and assures the issuance of appropriate correspondences in relationship to those actions.
- Certifies classifications and salaries to the business office.
- Conducts employment and credential verification for new employees.
- Maintains and monitors accurate records of personnel for all employees, including certifications, licensure, degrees, and tenure.
- Serves as the Northeastern York School District point of contact for reference in employment verification requests from outside sources.
- Prepares and follows through on the personnel items for committee and board agendas.
- Posts and advertises employee vacancies.
- Prepares district recruitment materials for all employee classifications.
- Directs and supervises the selection process for all administrative, instructional and support personnel.
- Prepares information, action items and reports on personnel/employee relations for school board and committees of the board and prepares and disseminate post-board follow-up communications.
- Facilitates applicant interviews and makes personnel recommendations to the Superintendent
- Administers employment tests to all applicants if required.
- Manages and conducts orientations for new staff.
- Monitors new employees for Tuberculosis inoculations and employment physicals.
- Manages, coordinates, and tracks Mandated Reporter training, background certifications, and Act 168 disclosures for all new staff.
- Recommends to Superintendent all staff assignments, transfers, dismissals, and promotions.
- Administers the benefits program including: health, life, disability, retirement and unemployment compensation; negotiate premium costs with insurance carriers, in conjunction with the business office, and interface with carriers to resolve employee problems.
- Maintains and processes tuition requests and reimbursement for all staff members.
- Facilitates all leave requests for all teachers and support staff
- Certifies eligibility of employees for the Northeastern York School District Health and Employee Assistance Plan and manages all aspects of the employee health insurance program.
- Provides support to employees in retirement matters when interfacing with PSERS and insurance representatives.
- Assists the Director of Operations in the development of the benefits budget.
- Represents the District in Unemployment Compensation (UC) claims, and reviews UC program for effectiveness.
- Manages Workers’ Compensation program and related claims.
- Assists the Superintendent in organizational compensation analysis and design.
- Conducts wage and salary surveys; provides comparative salary and related data for contract negotiations.
- Provides research for updating wage and salary administration.
- Calculates annual salary increases for all employees based on evaluations, and provides this information to the business office.
- Assists the Director of Operations in the development of the payroll budget.
- Facilitates the supervision and evaluation of the Human Resources Department
- Facilitates, in conjunction with the Superintendent and other administrators, the development of improvement plans for all classification of personnel.
- Assures that employee performance improvement plans are monitored and completed.
- Works closely with administrators and supervisors to assure that adverse performance and disciplinary problems are thoroughly documented.
- Coordinates the completion of non-instructional staff evaluations.
- Assists the Superintendent in the development of performance management processes that reflect specific job responsibilities including goals and objectives for administrative and professional employees.
- Assures that job performance is thoroughly documented including specific rationale for reviews that are either superior or sub-standard.
- Coaches administrators and supervisors on performance management techniques to assure that appraisals are thorough, objective, and appropriately documented.
- Coordinates the grievance process for professional staff.
Please apply at: https://www.applitrack.com/neyorksd/onlineapp/
- Maintains accurate records concerning professional certification, employment applications, clearances, and required health records.
- Maintains the Human Resource software database.
- Coordinates the analysis and classification of positions.
- Develops and revises job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains adequate records of personnel including applications, interview notes, evaluations, commendations, references, exit interviews, and termination data.
- Conducts exit interviews for all existing staff.
- Plans, develops, and revises personnel management policies in accordance with state legislation for submission to the Board for adoption, and maintains personnel policy handbooks.
- Revises Board Policy as it relates to Human Resources as needed.
- Coordinates administrative responsibilities such as filing government reports, record keeping, payroll changes, processing retirement requests.
- Maintains awareness of trends, legislation, and state and federal laws and regulations related to personnel.
- Researches new, creative and cost-effective programs to enhance the Human Resource Department.
- Provides advice to the Superintendent as to the personnel status of the school district, and the best use of personnel resources.
- Supports the Superintendent in his/her overall administrative efforts; keeps him/her informed of pertinent organizational developments and events; and seeks his/her counsel or decision as necessary.
- Assists in managing labor relations and negotiation of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Represents the District in grievance and arbitration hearings.
- Maintains current knowledge of all local, state and federal laws, pertinent arbitration decisions, and court decisions impacting employee relations in the school district.
- Plans, develops, and revises personnel management policies and procedures in accordance with state requirements and maintains personnel policy procedures.
- Develops and maintains employment handbooks for all classes of employees to include job rules, regulations, expectations, and penalties.
- Responds to questionnaires, surveys, and correspondence from research, government offices, or professional organizations requesting information on the District’s personnel program.
- Assures annual re-approval of substitute employees, and prepares reasonable assurance letters for 9 ½ month employees.
- Manages, coordinates, and tracks Mandated Reporter training, background certifications, and Act 168 disclosures for all staff.
- Manages the district staff emergency directory.
- Assists and/or completes required state reports, including PIMS and TIMS reporting of all staff.
- Supervises the application and renewal of Emergency Certifications and maintains the necessary records.
- Assists staff in submitting data to PDE for permanent certification. Ensures copies of permanent certification are on file.
- Provides leadership to the Northeastern York School District Safety Committee.
- Provides and delivers training and development for classified staff.
- Leads research efforts on personnel and labor matters.
- Manages the hiring of substitutes, and oversees orientation for new substitutes.
- Provide training and support on Frontline Education, absence tracking and recruiting and hiring software, to all staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Director of Human Resources
||Northeastern York School District
|Posting Start Date:
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration required. Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred. Five Years supervisory experience required. Knowledge and experience with computer programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, required Experience and skills in development, implementation, and administration of programs related to labor relations, employment, wage and salary administration, training, benefits, and employee relations preferred. Familiarity with Pennsylvania School District Employee requirements desired.
||This listing expires on: 5/13/2021