Food Services Director
Job Duties are as follows:
- Develop and implement short and long term operational and financial plans which support overall strategic objectives.
- Prepare and track the annual budget for all school food service kitchens.
- Monitor the performance of the operation through participation and financial reports.
- Plans in-service training for staff in safety, sanitation, technology to meet the needs of the program and schedules regular staff meetings.
- Encourage volunteer participation.
- Establish and maintain preventive maintenance programs to protect physical assets.
- Encourage and maintain effective two-way communication between food service personnel
- Manage in compliance with the School District’s established policies and procedures.
- Manage in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Implement the Food Service Strategic Plan with focus on the Mission Statement.
- Perform employee evaluations on Food Service personnel.
- Recruit, interview and select new candidates for hire for the Food Service Department.
- Oversees Food Service timesheets for payroll processing.
- Supervise, instruct and train Food Service employees for all required duties.
- Plans menus for school breakfast, lunch, and special events based on nutritional guidelines and student acceptance.
- Supervise the purchasing, receiving, and inventory control of food and supplies.
- Review and approve free and reduced meal applications.
- Prepare monthly claim for Federal and State reimbursement for student meals served and submit to PDE.
- Maintain documentation for PDE to conduct coordinated review effort (CRE) and school meals initiative (SMI) review
- Ensure that the district receives all appropriate Federal and State subsidies including donated commodities.
- Establishes standards for food preparation and service with emphasis on appetizing appeal, maximum nutritional value and flavor, efficient preparation and service under sanitary conditions.
- Visits on a routine basis, all school lunch facilities to verify all menu standards, cleanliness, health and safety standards are being maintained.
- Review all food service expenditures and submits to Business Office for payment approval.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining records necessary for proper control of equipment.
- Prepare specs for new equipment purchases that will improve and upgrade the school food service program.
- Coordinate with custodial and maintenance department in planning for the proper care and maintenance of equipment.
- Remain current on the latest information concerning food trends, nutrition, and sanitation.
- Serve as an active member of the District’s Wellness Team.
- Oversee all aspects of the summer feeding program.
- Attend regular Administrative meetings and Cabinet level meetings.
Food Services Director
||Gettysburg Area School District
||Commensurate with experience
|Posting Start Date:
||The Gettysburg Area School District is seeking a highly motivated Food Services Director to provide each child with quality food in an atmosphere of cleanliness and caring in conformance with local, state, and federal regulations. This position manages the food service operation including the National School Breakfast and National School Lunch Programs and Summer Feeding Program. This position must interact with principals, parents, administrators, students, and school board members. In addition, a minimum of five years of experience is required in food service supervisory/management is preferred.
Education Experience must qualify under one of the five categories:
- Bachelor’s degree with specific major such as food and nutrition, food service management, family and consumer science, etc. OR
- Bachelor’s degree with any academic major and a State-recognized Certificate OR
- Bachelor’s degree with any academic major and at least 2 years of School Food Service experience OR
- Associate’s degree with specific major such as food and nutrition, food service management, family and consumer science, etc. and at least 2 years of School Food Service experience OR
- High School Graduate or equivalent; experience in School Food Service prior to 2015 in a district with similar enrollment
Additional information and a Job Description may be found on the Gettysburg Area School District website at www.gettysburg.k12.pa.us. Please apply online through Applicant Tracking. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
||This listing expires on: 5/11/2021