Supervisor of Food Service
SUPERVISOR OF FOOD SERVICE
Act 93 Position
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Available April 20, 2021
Apply at https://ucfsd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
: The Supervisor of Food Service is responsible to plan, organize, and direct the food service program for the District in conformance with District Policies and Federal, State, and Local regulations and requirements including public health and safety.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Employee must have the ability to perform the following responsibilities on a timely basis with or without reasonable accommodations.
To successfully perform this position, a person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Recruit, interview, and recommend food service personnel for employment in accordance with district policy.
- Supervise and annually evaluate all food service staff.
- Oversee and coordinate the daily operation of the district’s food service program serving fresh, nutritious, and innovative foods including locally sourced and organic options where practicable.
- Provide on-the-job training to food service staff in areas of food production, sanitation,
- Plan and direct department-wide meetings and workshops to provide training on food preparation and service, sanitation, and
- Develop and implement standards for the operation of an efficient, sanitary, and high quality food service program.
- Monitor food production and service to assure that planned menus are followed and that substitutions comply with meal requirements.
- Maintain all records and agreements that are required for state and federal audits, free and reduced price lunches served, free and reduced price applications, and inventories of government-donated commodities.
- Pay all Record and document all cafeteria receipts and expenditures as required for local, state, and federal reporting. Prepare a monthly financial report of cafeteria operations and be available for assisting in any local, state, or federal audits.
- Establish pricing structures for lunches and a la carte items.
- Coordinate purchasing where economies can be realized. Prepare specifications for bidding as direct and insure that all purchasing is in conformity with state law and local policy.
- Ensure that hours reported by employees are commensurate with the time requirement of the assignment.
- Review menus and implement changes in offerings, which may improve participation.
- Plan menus that comply with Federal regulations and provide nutritional and appetizing
- Evaluate meal costs and recommend changes as
- Monitor financial operations to determine compliance with the budget and make operational changes if
- Analyze food service department financial statements and take corrective action, when necessary, to prevent financial loss
- Work with vendors regarding new products and services and/or problems involving their
- Purchase food, related supplies, and food service equipment through formal and informal bid solicitation and the awarding of purchasing orders in accordance with district policies and state and federal laws.
- Conduct research in and keep abreast of developments in school food service management and in nutrition education
- Apply all federal and state subsidies.
- Coordinate with all outside groups desiring food-catering service and provide menu options and pricing. Arrange for the billing of cafeteria staff time to such groups.
- Maintain membership in school food service professional organizations and attend programs for professional development.
- Administer an inventory control system over food products, materials, and equipment.
- Recommend, evaluate, and implement changes to improve the operation of the department as well as appropriate equipment, technology, and safety to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Prepare annual state reports, annual reports to the Board/Administration as required.
- Develop and administer budget for food service department.
- Participate in training sessions as needed to stay current with food service management and nutrition education that affect the district.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Director of Business and Operations and Superintendent.
This position supervises all employees of the Food Service Department and is responsible for the performance evaluation, management, and hiring of the employees within that department.
This position description does not express or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to complete other job-related duties requested by the supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Twelve-month position, 260 days per year
- Salary and benefits according to the negotiated agreement between the Board of School Directors and the Unionville-Chadds Ford Act 93 Group.
Supervisor of Food Service
||Unnionville-Chadds Ford School District
||Kennett Square, PA
|Posting Start Date:
||QUALIFICATIONS: To successfully perform this position, a person must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below represent minimum levels of educational achievement, training, skill, and/or ability necessary.
- Educational preparation in Nutrition or food service related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum five years supervisory experience, preferably in public school district
- Chester County Food Service Handler's certification
- Effective leadership, organizational, and communication skills to establish and maintain effective relationships with School Board, Administration, staff, and parents
- Ability to organize, direct, supervise, and evaluate Food Service Department personnel of the school district
- Successful experience in management of staffing and budget
- Must successfully complete and maintain compliance with all federal and state background and criminal record check requirements
- Must adhere to all local, state, federal, and school code requirements for employment
||This listing expires on: 2/27/2021
|| Send to Friend|
|| Return to Job Search|
|| Post a Position|
Unnionville-Chadds Ford School District
740 Unionville Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348