Job Summary: Will lead the District in enterprise-wide grant activities, offer guidance to administrators in grant development, and seeks out grant opportunities that will benefit the District and its programs. Will work closely with staff and grant partners to develop grant applications, gather and monitor data, and develop reports for grant-related activities. The goal of this position is to increase competitive grant writing within the District and provide project support for specific large grants that require management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Training and Experience Required
- Provides leadership in grant development, conducting appropriate activities to identify grant opportunities for the District and to secure such grants, including submission/writing of grant proposals as needed.
- Serves as manager of grant services with expertise in grant research and development to provide strategic leadership, technical assistance, grant-related services and support, and communication to District administrators and grant partners.
- Effectively designs, implements, and evaluates District competitive grant writing activities across the organization, including but not limited to, identifying grant opportunities, writing grant applications, gathering data necessary for grants, and crafting grant reports in a regular and timely manner.
- Collaborates with administrators and staff to ensure that grant activities are tightly aligned with the goals and objectives of grant programs and in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Supervises the personnel and functions for grants development and grants accounting.
- Stays abreast of current grant resources, grant writing best practices, and developments at the local, state, and national levels to incorporate in all aspects of work.
- Oversees the research of competitive grants from local foundations, grants.gov, and similar websites, and communicates opportunities with appropriate administrators.
- Proactively and efficiently collects and organizes data to use for grant applications and as required by the goals and objectives of specific, large grant programs; delivers to administrators in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the terms and conditions of agreements are met and properly documented by maintaining a grants database, managing grants files, directing contract/agreement review and signature processes, tracking timelines, deliverables, and budgets, tracking all grant/contract restrictions, and tracking all matching funds.
- Maintains comprehensive and accurate records (e.g. meeting minutes, activities notes, summaries, reports, travel records, and budget) for all grant-related activities.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains internal and external relationships and partnerships that enhance programs and services to the District.
- Administers funds to ensure compliance with regulations, budget processes, and grant requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Master’s degree and/or Grants Professionals Certification preferred.
- Grant writing experience - minumum 5 years preferred; and proven knowledge of grant/project/contract administration, management, and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills and mathematical skills.
- Ability to manage information in Microsoft software and Google applications.
- Ability to concentrate on the accuracy of detailed information, meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise judgment for when to act independently and when to refer situations to a supervisor.
- Ability to work flexible hours and schedules.
- Salary Range: $63,594 - 89,031
||Harrisburg School District
||Salary Range: $63,594 - 89,031
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 5/26/2021