Assistant Business Manager
• Assists with overseeing district operations including facilities, business office, food service, transportation, information technology and school security.
• Assists with the management of district financial activities including financial accounting and reporting, cash management/investments, debt service/capital fund, insurance and risk management, etc.
• Responsible for the overall management of district contracts including negotiations, development, compliance, renewals/terminations, and vendor relations. Also responsible for determining the financial implications of vendor and employee contracts
• Manages the District bid/RFP process as well as manage the District’s cooperative purchasing programs
• Monitor internal controls and the efficiency of business operations, which includes compliance with applicable laws
• Compile, analyze, and monitor data for local, state, and federal reporting
• Submit quarterly and annual reports for Federal Programs
• Assures that all accounting and record keeping documents and procedures are in order for auditing purposes
Assists with long-term financial planning and budgeting for all District funds.
• Monitors budget expenditures versus allocations throughout the year and implements any necessary budget transfers
• Monitor the District’s assessed value as submitted by the County assessment office
• Responsible for overseeing the real estate, per capita, and interim collection process
• Assist District Solicitor in reviewing tax appeals
• Acts as the designated purchasing agent for the district. Recommends and enforces purchasing policies, procedures and regulations
• Oversees school facility planning and construction project supervision
• Maintains and oversees the procedures for disposition and acquisition of District fixed assets.
•Acts as the district Open Records Officer and completes Right to Know requests in accordance with the Right-to-Know Law Act 3 of 2008
• Assists with maintaining and implementing Board policies
• Other duties as assigned by the Business Manager, Superintendent, and Assistant Superintendent