Developer of Workforce Partnerships
A vacancy exists for a Developer of Workforce Partnerships position at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit in the Office of Student Services for the MontcoWorks NOW Program. The Developer of Workforce Partnerships will support all programs of the MontcoWorks NOW office through the development of business and non-profit partnerships. The Developer of Workforce Partnerships will initiate and develop work based learning opportunities for youth and young adults under the provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and related programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in business, public administration, human resources, library science, education, or related degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience.
- Demonstrated experience in initiating and growing collaborative business and non-profit partnerships preferred.
- Experience in developing work-based learning programs, including pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeships is preferred but not required.
- Strong intrapersonal skills to include positivity, relationship building, and effective communication required.
- Demonstrated experience with customer relationship management and sales preferred.
- Ability to analyze complex employment, workforce, and education data sets preferred to provide strategic guidance to the MontcoWorks NOW team.
- Expertise (includes one or more of the following):
- Specialized skills in area to be able to work autonomously as proven through work experience.
- Very professional approach to their work that includes very strong customer service skills.
- Technical abilities should include high levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suites, and related database systems.
- Must be a proficient typist, know how to format business correspondence/reports, and must appropriately handle confidential information.
- Ability to operate office equipment and use computer technology efficiently.
- Ability to lead and participate in virtual/remote video conferencing (i.e. Zoom, WebEx).
- Provide own transportation.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, the Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
Monday-Friday, 7 hours/day, 260-262 days/year
$53,060 - $62,424/annual (pro-rated)
- Initiate and expand relationships with business and non-profit partners to establish paid and unpaid work experiences that have academic and occupational education as a component of the work experience. They may include the following types of work experiences:
- summer employment opportunities and other employment opportunities available throughout the school year;
- pre-apprenticeship programs;
- internships and job shadowing; and
- on-the-job training opportunities.
- Maintain database of potential work-based learning opportunities throughout the County to support MontcoWorks NOW programs including Youth Workforce, Teacher in the Workplace, Summer Internships, etc.
- Develop and maintain a database of occupational skills training providers for youth programming, which includes priority consideration for training programs that lead to recognized post-secondary credentials that align with in-demand industry sectors. This can include career and technical education providers, community college, higher education and other training providers.
- Maintain database of contacts with social service, career service, education, business partners, to provide MontcoWorks NOW team options for supportive services for clients.
- Develop and maintain a database of individuals and organizations interested in providing adult mentoring to program participants.
- Assist with college and career readiness training programs in conjunction with other program staff (i.e. establishing industry panels and guest speakers).
- Attend both internal staff and external partner meetings, including chamber of commerce, industry partnerships, non-profit coalitions, as well as applicable training sessions.
- Work with MontcoWorks NOW team and MCIU business office to ensure efficient processes are implemented and followed.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the Program Administrator for College and Career Readiness.
How to Apply:
Go to www.mciu.org/jobs to apply.
Developer of Workforce Partnerships
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit #23
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 3/5/2021