Position Information Message
Health & Safety Supervisor
A vacancy exists for a Health and Safety Supervisor position in the Office of Early Childhood Services at the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit. The Health & Safety Supervisor coordinates the efficient implementation of the Health and Nutrition service areas of the Head Start and Pre-K counts programs, as well as works with the Safety Coordinator to implement all safety practices as required.
Apply online at www.mciu.org/jobs
(Job ID: 587).
- Establish a workable and effective medical, dental and nutrition program in accordance with health guidelines for Head Start and PreK Counts programs.
- Keep complete medical and dental records on each child which include history and current information of medical significance.
- Plan health programs for staff and parents in growth and development, accident prevention, family relationships and other appropriate subjects
- Hold individual conferences with parents and staff about related concerns whenever needed.
- Assist parents in securing correction and/or treatment of medical and dental defects.
- Perform or supervise hearing and vision screening or any indicated special testing.
- Instruct the Family Engagement Workers on the proper methods and procedures of securing and maintaining appropriate health/medical records.
- Orient and train Family Engagement Workers to assist with the overall medical, dental and nutrition program.
- Responsible for keeping a monthly statistical report of service area activities.
- Monitor Nutrition Program for compliance with both Head Start and U.S.D.A. guidelines.
- Assist with the development of the Health Advisory Committee and attend meetings as resource person.
- Attend Education Advisory Committee as a resource person.
- Attend all staff meetings and related in-service training sessions.
- Ability to interpret program to individuals, private and public groups and to community organizations.
- Procure or purchase necessary medical, dental and nutrition supplies for centers according to program-approved guidelines and with the consent of the program administrator.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Comply with Health and Nutrition Performance Standards.
- Develop and implement the Health and Nutrition Service Plans and assist with development of training plans for staff and parents.
- Work with the Inclusion supervisor to ensure referrals to appropriate services for children with health disabilities.
- Participate in Career Development when feasible.
- Perform any other related duties relative to Head Start as assigned by the Head Start Director.
Health & Safety Supervisor
||Montgomery County Intermediate Unit
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor's Degree in a health related field.
- Knowledge of Head Start safety regulations.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in appropriate field, leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory and training skills.
- Knowledge of the growth and development processes of the young child.
- Knowledge of services performed by other Health and Welfare agencies in the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively with administration, families, children and all concerned in the program.
- Provide own transportation.
- Ability to work with and relate to young children and families of diverse backgrounds.
- Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, the Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI.
||This listing expires on: 12/3/2020